• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Commute along the Liesbeek river to work in Claremont. Filled up with water at the Newlands spring, on the south western corner of the Brewery. The purest water, straight from the earth, with no chlorine. It just tastes better!

post-17716-0-05288200-1450761285_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-97309000-1450761302_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR

Commute along the Liesbeek river to work in Claremont. Filled up with water at the Newlands spring, on the south western corner of the Brewery. The purest water, straight from the earth, with no chlorine. It just tastes better!

Do you have any idea why the name Liesbeek was changed from Amstel?

Do you have any idea why the name Liesbeek was changed from Amstel?

I don't have the faintest idea, but I'll guess it was a political decision. Possibly Jan Van Riebeecks fault! :whistling:

Commute along the Liesbeek river to work in Claremont. Filled up with water at the Newlands spring, on the south western corner of the Brewery. The purest water, straight from the earth, with no chlorine. It just tastes better! like beer! :ph34r:

Seriaaaas roasties....heal soon......on the other hand a spectacular flowing blond mullet  :thumbup:

Thanks. Feeling much better already. Will be back on my bike next week. Had a slight concussion and was concerned about my shoulder, but the mobility is improving

Commute along the Liesbeek river to work in Claremont. Filled up with water at the Newlands spring, on the south western corner of the Brewery. The purest water, straight from the earth, with no chlorine. It just tastes better! like beer! :ph34r:

The spring is on the SA Breweries property. The very reason the brewery was started there, was because of several springs that produced very good quality water. This particular spring is where all the fanatic home brewers come to fetch their water.

Mine took me to Witbank Mediclcinic with a broken collarbone and other injuries

Ouch..

Pics or it didnt happen!  :ph34r:  :whistling: