Cycling world Championships - GLASGOW 2023 - Road racing

Vetplant

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

Men's ITT on now. Ryan Gibbons rolled off a few minutes ago.

Who's your pick?

Remco is my pick. Pogi not ready in his head. 

Nailed it.

Remarkable to think that he is the first Belgian to wear a world champs jersey in the TT, hey. 
And the youngest. And only other have worn the rainbow jersey in both road and time trial or something like that.

Rumours of Ineos’ next year… hmmm

Edited by 'Dale

On 8/10/2023 at 2:35 PM, babse said:

So there's podium presentation before a race and then expected to mingle as if your biggest race to date is not about to take place? 

Ya.... Wtf 

Courtesy to the fans. It is entertainment afterall. I’m sure it was an oversight on his part and he took his fine like a man who 

WOMEN ELITE

Very aggressive racing from the start. A very powerful break, including Ashleigh. The favourites are Lotto and Demi, sitting tucked in behind teammates in the peloton. 
Many lesser riders spat out the back on a very hilly segment of the course. Scatterlings.

Beautiful Scotland.

Pic: @UCI_cycling

IMG_2346.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

Ok we have a few km to go. This was a really good race, the Dutch have a speciality about never getting it right on the day, and I think as long as there are no radios this issue will persist. 

Lotte battled the Dutch, the Swiss, that ugly Montrose climb, and came out on top. I'm actually quite speechless with the tenacity, the speed, the ability, of Lotte. 

What  ride that was. 

1 hour ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Ok we have a few km to go. This was a really good race, the Dutch have a speciality about never getting it right on the day, and I think as long as there are no radios this issue will persist. 

Lotte battled the Dutch, the Swiss, that ugly Montrose climb, and came out on top. I'm actually quite speechless with the tenacity, the speed, the ability, of Lotte. 

What  ride that was. 

After her performance at Femmes Tour apparently her form was 'questionable' and 'unbelievable' and definitely doping as per some here on BikeHub.... Those doubting her must surely be blown away by that. 

She is quite something to watch.

Power, tenacity, aware and just absolutely unmatched today

What a season. 2 of 3 Monuments, Green and 2nd overall at The Femmes Tour, a few Rainbow jerseys.... 

That is a Lotte of achievements in one season

4 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

After her performance at Femmes Tour apparently her form was 'questionable' and 'unbelievable' and definitely doping as per some here on BikeHub.... Those doubting her must surely be blown away by that. 

She is quite something to watch.

Power, tenacity, aware and just absolutely unmatched today

What a season. 2 of 3 Monuments, Green and 2nd overall at The Femmes Tour, a few Rainbow jerseys.... 

That is a Lotte of achievements in one season

I really didnt get the "let's irritate her as much as we can and hope to win " strategy but am not a roadie so maybe that works? 

Yet again, womens' racing shows its ever increasing thrill. The course was perfectly suited to the punchy Belgian. 

The course - something like 45 corners per lap. You either like it or not. To market and advertise the Glasgow architecture, it was quite a cool idea. Not the World Champs course for every 5 years. 

Excellent showing by Ashleigh, who burnt too many matches in the breakaway effort. And the kermesse style of the course would not suit her regardless, hence, I imagine, her tactic to escape with a few others.

Volllering is the new goddess of women's cycling, no doubt, after the reign of Queen Annemiek. It seems that she was working for her compatriot at some point?

Quite a cool Worlds. Lotto becomes the first Belgian woman in 50 years to win the rainbow jersey.

IMG_2358.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale