peepeekaitjie

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

Shoo, the Remco haters are like All Black supporters today 👀

Apparently all blacks purposefully tossed game yesterday for "easier" run to final. Can't think Remco tried same strategy yesterday?

54 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Floyd Llandis vibes...? 😈

Pretty sure once he realised he had leaked too much GC time to make up he sat up, watched the clock and did as little as he could to the finish in order to go on some stage win hunts.

If he only leaked 7 minutes the peleton would mark him.

27? Off you go

2 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Pretty sure once he realised he had leaked too much GC time to make up he sat up, watched the clock and did as little as he could to the finish in order to go on some stage win hunts.

If he only leaked 7 minutes the peleton would mark him.

27? Off you go

Feeling the same... the way they made this out to be the greatest comeback in cycling history is a bit over the top...

He's absolutely no threat to the real GC guys so they just left him. "Specs and boentjies" 

Anyway let me get back to trying to flush my All Blacks jersey down the toilet 

Id love to be in the Jumbo team bus right now just to hear how they play this. Kuss is leading but he clearly has 2 stronger riders behind him. What’s the tactics now? Are the likes of Primoz and Jonas just going to allow Kuss to take a GC win when they are stronger? They probably want someone like Ayuso to attack sometime just to give a reason to shut it down and then hope Kuss can’t follow. Gonna be real fascinating to see how this plays out. 

Meanwhile, racing in Canada, Darryl Impey announces his retirement. South Africa’s most high profile World Tour cyclist (with Ashleigh right up there in the WWT) will be moving to Australia with his family, starting a new chapter.

What a great finalè today as Rui Costa earns precious WT points for his team as they have been hanging low in the points race. Kamna’s error / crash was unfortunate as he looked unbearable with his attack from a few kms out.

The mystery remains about Remco’s implosion on Friday and then a remarkable breakaway victory that left his fellow escapee, Bardet, in awe. The young man wearing the number 1 dossard have earned some form of redemption. However, there’ll be lingering doubts about his capabilities to head to France for that ‘other race’ - the largest annual sporting event in the world.

The Steppers held up the Moroccan flag in remembrance for the earthquake deaths in the beautiful city of Marrakesh. That was beautiful.

IMG_2803.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

19 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Meanwhile, racing in Canada, Darryl Impey announces his retirement. South Africa’s most high profile World Tour cyclist (with Ashleigh right up there in the WWT) will be moving to Australia with his family, starting a new chapter.

What a great finalè today as Rui Costa earns precious WT points for his team as they have been hanging low in the points race. Kamna’s error / crash was unfortunate as he looked unbearable with his attack from a few kms out.

The mystery remains about Remco’s implosion on Friday and then a remarkable breakaway victory that left his fellow escapee, Bardet, in awe. The young man wearing the number 1 dossard have earned some form of redemption. However, there’ll be lingering doubts about his capabilities to head to France for that ‘other race’ - the largest annual sporting event in the world.

The Steppers held up the Moroccan flag in remembrance for the earthquake deaths in the beautiful city of Marrakesh. That was beautiful.

IMG_2803.jpeg

I asked somebody this exact question, but they got rather annoyed that I did so on "their personal FB", so I'll ask here: "Did he (Darryl) ever name the irresponsible pharmacist who almost, through complete and utter negligence almost ended his career?"

1 hour ago, Patchelicious said:

I asked somebody this exact question, but they got rather annoyed that I did so on "their personal FB", so I'll ask here: "Did he (Darryl) ever name the irresponsible pharmacist who almost, through complete and utter negligence almost ended his career?"

What happens in the peloton, stays in the peloton. #omertà

image.gif.e8d9a91599ee3accb3ad05446c3f3901.gif

Rest days. Urgggghhhh!

Any case, here's the mental warm-up for tomorrow.

It'll be brisk at 120 kms. Remember that the mighty Angliru is the next day.

Jumbo' in total control of the GC competition. UAE and Movistar will have to go for 'nothing to lose, everything to gain' with their race strategy tomorrow and Wednesday as they are running out of tarmac to Sunday's procession.

Whoever has the KOM up the final 4.8 kms of La Hermida into Bejes, sorry Bruuuu...

spacer.png

Edited by 'Dale