Which brand do you use as a chamois cream and does it actually have a decent smell?

Razor1972

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Razor1972 said:

I have only ever used Ass Magic, but hate the smell... and no it's not my ass that smells like that. Do any brand actually have a bearable smell?

Uhmmm who goes around smelling saddle or ass cream, bums and used cycling shorts....  🤨 its how it works that counts

A sweaty ass after cycling smells pretty *** with or without saddle cream

#asyouwerestruestory

*edit - Just out of curiosity I now went smelt my assos pre ride cream.... it smells typical swiss neutral not pleasant but not unpleasant

Edited by SwissVan

5 hours ago, Murrob said:

I’ve become quite the Mucoff fan over the last while. Their chamois cream is amazing and smells super as well, but it’s a bit pricey, but like all things Mucoff seemingly works really well. 

Mucoff... as in the cleaning products? So it also removes dingle-berries?!

...Asking for a friend

11 hours ago, SwissVan said:

Uhmmm who goes around smelling saddle or ass cream, bums and used cycling shorts....  🤨 its how it works that counts

A sweaty ass after cycling smells pretty *** with or without saddle cream

#asyouwerestruestory

*edit - Just out of curiosity I now went smelt my assos pre ride cream.... it smells typical swiss neutral not pleasant but not unpleasant

OP probably has a keen sense of smell and a cognitive dissonance to the smell when he opens the pot, 

6 hours ago, patches said:

Always remember the 2 golden rules of chamois cream...

1. No double dipping
  2. Apply sunblock to face before applying chamois cream

A litte DeepHeat in your bum cream makes you ride faster and it is way cheeper than aero gel.

Used to be a squirrel's nut butter ambassador, that contract is long gone but I still use their products left right and center because they do work really well.

Chafe cream for running, chamois cream for long rides(9 hours+) and foot cream for big runs...

I have to agree with OP and smells though. Mycota foot cream for athlete's foot makes me literally gag. 

8 hours ago, patches said:

Mucoff... as in the cleaning products? So it also removes dingle-berries?!

...Asking for a friend

Great question! So you use the degreaser first, then dry off using their super micro fibre drying towel and then finally apply the super smelling chamois cream. 

IMG_0597.webp.567787ae7cf5f005d3ea8682c6c779b1.webpIMG_0598.webp.799dcef4ba67aff0d4ecac7ecc00bfe4.webpIMG_0599.webp.bee565306e1f28a49d23aab276d44d9d.webp

13 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Get you a bib that fits properly and kiss the chamois cream goodbye. Assos does a great job of separating the pad from the bib which eliminates that chafing irritation. 

I completely agree with this statement. Even with the best-fitting saddle and bib shorts, when doing ultra distances you're likely to start shifting position on the saddle eventually. This is where chamois cream demonstrates its value.

Also need to factor in that when doing events like Badlands, or related on a gravel bike, the rougher terrain contributes to moving around more than usual on the saddle as well.

6 minutes ago, Murrob said:

Great question! So you use the degreaser first, then dry off using their super micro fibre drying towel and then finally apply the super smelling chamois cream. 

You need to apply this product first :
Bearings | Shop Bearings | Leading Bearing Brands | Online Bearings

1 hour ago, Bub Marley said:

Get you a bib that fits properly and kiss the chamois cream goodbye. Assos does a great job of separating the pad from the bib which eliminates that chafing irritation. 

This. Cannot agree more. I commute, and since switching to Assos it has been a massive improvement. My total costs in terms of bibs and cream has actually gone down. I used to ride other brand bibs and apply plenty of Chamois cream (acutally BumCream from faithful to nature or the Assos one). I found that it ruined the bibs in next to no time and didn't really help, still got saddle sores. 

Edited by NotShatterProof