GCN+ Closing

WIPEOUT 1000

2 hours ago, tinmug said:

My actual home address in SA.

BUT the Staylive is only for UCI downhill and cross-country feeds (live, and you can watch races from earlier this season). No skinny bikes. 

Few questions -

VPN ?

Play on demand ?  (I typically watched this later in the week ... hate planning my weekend around a tv broadcast)

Direct onto a smart tv or media box ?   - From their support page it streams to a PC or phone/tablet.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

Few questions -

VPN ?

Play on demand ?  (I typically watched this later in the week ... hate planning my weekend around a tv broadcast)

Direct onto a smart tv or media box ?   - From their support page it streams to a PC or phone/tablet.

No VPN needed for Staylive. No app as far as I know, airplay from the iPad.

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

Few questions -

VPN ?

No VPN. Works perfectly from a South African IP address.

Play on demand: yes; I was about 50 minutes behind the live feed this evening. No worries with that, plus you can 'rewind' or pause or I can watch it all again tomorrow if I like. 

I 'watch' on my Mac, which I send to Apple TV to view in lounge. If it works on a Mac it will work on any computer/tablet/phone (although a phone is too small man ... unless your eyesight is a LOT better than mine).

Sign up at app.staylive.io/cycling (or thereabouts) for a month and test drive this weekend. 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Rowl said:

No VPN needed for Staylive. No app as far as I know, airplay from the iPad.

I get the distinct impression the UCI had to have a quick fix after GCN went south. hence the no-app(-yet) scenario. Maybe we'll see an app next year if enough people support the concept. 🤞

On 6/14/2024 at 4:21 PM, tinmug said:

My actual home address in SA.

BUT the Staylive is only for UCI downhill and cross-country feeds (live, and you can watch races from earlier this season). No skinny bikes. 

The Staylive thingie have an option for additional subscription for skinny baaiks! Not all the races, but quite a few! Very much my go to atm

38 minutes ago, BMCfan said:

The Staylive thingie have an option for additional subscription for skinny baaiks! Not all the races, but quite a few! Very much my go to atm

Yes that’s right. There is a special pricing for SA subscribers on the month to month subscription for XCO and DH only. Standard pricing applies if you want the whole cycling package then you get cyclo cross , road and all mtb. Into k k saw bmx as well.

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Yes that’s right. There is a special pricing for SA subscribers on the month to month subscription for XCO and DH only. Standard pricing applies if you want the whole cycling package then you get cyclo cross , road and all mtb. Into k k saw bmx as well.

I'll gladly pay a premium if I can hook up easily (considering I am IT stupid) and watch TdF, Giro, monuments, XCO.

My guess would be they skinny wheels are only limited at the moment becuase DSTV has godly rights again.

10 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

I'll gladly pay a premium if I can hook up easily (considering I am IT stupid) and watch TdF, Giro, monuments, XCO.

My guess would be they skinny wheels are only limited at the moment becuase DSTV has godly rights again.

I agree; would gladly pay for a one-stop shop… providing I can use a VPN when there is a geoblock (just like GCN+ was).

Now that I’ve signed in from SA I don’t see the road and cyclocross available any longer. A VPN will likely help here. Let me check it out when I get home 

This is all without a VPN, will log onto VPN later and see if there's more available

Then the whole tour of slovenia, the belgium tour etc is on replay. As well as the whole Giro etccc

13 minutes ago, BMCfan said:

This is all without a VPN, will log onto VPN later and see if there's more available

Which package did you opt for?

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

Which package did you opt for?

I subscribed to Whoop MTB feed. And then when the Giro started i subscribed to the Staylive Cycling.

The MTB is 5.99 p/m and the Road Cycling 7.99 p/m

I did log on with a VPN, content looks exactly the same.

I have noticed that there's no TDF on the calendar (hopefully just not yet...)

Edited by BMCfan

9 minutes ago, BMCfan said:

I have noticed that there's no TDF on the calendar (hopefully just not yet...)

With DStv having the rights in SA, I hope this is possible with a VPN. If it is, I may just try Staylive to test their system.