@Jewbacca`s Munga 2024 Challenge / Fundraising for SPCA

DJuice

17 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Like cut off jeans or full length jeans?

I mean, I've been known to ride many races in a Jeanshort and flannel

Full length? yeah nah! 

Just teasing, but a few year ago I saw a clip with a guy who ran Comrades in jeans and it was just to win a bet with his mates at the pub. Madness.

I really take my hat off to you.

Edited by Baracuda

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Baracuda said:

Just teasing, but a few year ago I saw a clip with a guy who ran Comrades in jeans and it was just to win a bet with his mates at the pub. Madness.

I really take my hat off to you.

I think @Shebeen has done a few running marathons and bike races in full length Jeans... 

The dumbest thing we ever did was run two oceans in full length penguin Onesies to raise money for the Shoes on Feet school shoe foundation. It was hot and the penguin crotch was at about knee height which turned the run turn into a proper waddle!

Good times. The dumb ass things we do in the name of fun while justifying our idiocy by raising money for charity! 

5 hours ago, Baracuda said:

If it reached 30k, would you do it in jeans as well?

…I think you mean a JeanP-A-N-T…? ;)

Edited by Zebra
Spelling

13 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

HOLY SMOKES!!!

I wake up and @SwissVan @mtbrider and @ZakV have been busy!

I am currently wading through mountains of work, but I will be in touch with everyone personally very soon.

I am meeting with Natasha from the SPCA tomorrow at 13:00 to set up the donation account and work out some plans for next year.

Best I start getting ready!

My pleasure

I tried to donate enough to round it off to 20K, but fell a bit short with exchange rate conversion

I'm seriously cheesed off........and not sure I will be supporting you.

The whole year the SPCA has been encouraging us to adopt an animal - so I go there this morning asking for a large turkey and suddenly, there are a million questions..........🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, eddy said:

The whole year the SPCA has been encouraging us to adopt an animal - so I go there this morning asking for a large turkey and suddenly, there are a million questions..........🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Everything is a turkey if you go far enough east👀 Just pick one

9 minutes ago, eddy said:

On a slightly related note.

Last year around September / October we start hearing a Turkey near by. Some careful listening points to it coming from a retired neighbours house. 

hmm I think, somebody wants fresh turkey for Christmas. I didnt take her as that type, but hey, if thats what she wants to do.

Anyway, Christmas passes, 2023 begins and we still hear the turkey. 

Eventually we ask her about it. Its her pet Turkey, she wont be eating it any time soon.

7 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

On a slightly related note.

Last year around September / October we start hearing a Turkey near by. Some careful listening points to it coming from a retired neighbours house. 

hmm I think, somebody wants fresh turkey for Christmas. I didnt take her as that type, but hey, if thats what she wants to do.

Anyway, Christmas passes, 2023 begins and we still hear the turkey. 

Eventually we ask her about it. Its her pet Turkey, she wont be eating it any time soon.

We have a neighbour with chickens and ducks in there yard 🤔 and you have seen where I stay, not exactly farms or plots 🤣🤣

• 3 weeks later...

Happy New year everyone!

I hope you have all had a fantastic festive period and are back on the bike/exercise wagon!

An update;

Munga entry has been registered and initial payment made. Alex has been incredibly gracious and offered an early bird rate despite having sold out.

I have sat down with the saints at SPCA for a chinwag and a bit of strategic planning. A small campaign with some fun activities will be released in the lead up to CTCT.

So, as things go from here, due to your huge generosity and interest in seeing this idiot try not to die in the karoo, we are off to Munga 2024!

Thank you to everyone for making this happen and hopefully this gives us a platform to raise some much needed money for the SPCA and all they do.

What an adventure we have in store!

On 12/15/2023 at 4:39 PM, Iwan Kemp said:

I have some ideas... 

@Jewbacca Drop me a DM with your contact details then I'll get in touch to bounce them. 

@Jewbacca 👆

Last week did my first ride in 3 years that does not involve the children, call it a real ride.

Halfway, 30km from home on the MTB, all I can think of how crazy is @Jewbaccato do 1024km on a glorified BMX.

Eerder jy as ek!

9 minutes ago, DJuice said:

Last week did my first ride in 3 years that does not involve the children, call it a real ride.

Halfway, 30km from home on the MTB, all I can think of how crazy is @Jewbaccato do 1024km on a glorified BMX.

Eerder jy as ek!

5 maande dan is dit Augrabies 😉

6 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

5 maande dan is dit Augrabies 😉

Chris my swaer het my op die fiets gekry...na die ride...se hy reken dit gaan jou so 12 maande vat om in shape te kom.