Cycle Lab Stolen Bicycles

πŸ” Stolen Bikes Alert! πŸ”

Today, 22 bikes, including Orbea and Silverback bicycles were stolen from a courier truck in Milnerton in Cape Town. πŸš΄β€β™‚οΈπŸš΄β€β™€οΈ These bicycles were brand new bicycles belonging to Cycle Lab and will likely be advertised in boxes and not assembled. We have the serial numbers for identification. Β 

Some of the models that was stolen include:

Orbea Rise H30
Orbea Rise H20
Orbea Wild FS H30 and M20
Orbea Orca M10ILTD and M30ETeam
Orbea Terra H30 and M30Team
Orbea Oiz M30
Silverback Stratos AL Elite
Silverback S-Electro Elite AL2
Silverback Stride Comp

If you come across any suspicious ads or have any information, please DM us, Β contact your nearest Cycle Lab Store and speak to the General Manager on duty or alternatively email - engelaa@morecorp.co.za.

Edited by Cycle Lab and CWC

13 hours ago, Cycle Lab and CWC said:

πŸ” Stolen Bikes Alert! πŸ”

Today, 22 bikes, including Orbea and Silverback bicycles were stolen from a courier truck in Milnerton in Cape Town. πŸš΄β€β™‚οΈπŸš΄β€β™€οΈ These bicycles were brand new bicycles belonging to Cycle Lab and will likely be advertised in boxes and not assembled. We have the serial numbers for identification. Β 

Some of the models that was stolen include:

Orbea Rise H30
Orbea Rise H20
Orbea Wild FS H30 and M20
Orbea Orca M10ILTD and M30ETeam
Orbea Terra H30 and M30Team
Orbea Oiz M30
Silverback Stratos AL Elite
Silverback S-Electro Elite AL2
Silverback Stride Comp

If you come across any suspicious ads or have any information, please DM us, Β contact your nearest Cycle Lab Store and speak to the General Manager on duty or alternatively email - engelaa@morecorp.co.za.

wild. Really sounds like an inside job. Stealing 22 bikes required some proper logistics just to get the goods away and stored.

15 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

wild. Really sounds like an inside job. Stealing 22 bikes required some proper logistics just to get the goods away and stored.

yeah, can't really seeΒ  how this can be done without internal information.

25 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

I was thinking the same thing... to transport 22 crated bikes ain't no small task...

6 minutes ago, Bl4d3 said:

Just a side note here. The courier truck was hijacked in Milnerton

1 way of getting the bikes away... stealing its courier too.

Β 

eish

1 hour ago, Bl4d3 said:

Just a side note here. The courier truck was hijacked in Milnerton

oh wow.Β  assume they have proper trackers so would know where the offload/transfer location was.

I wonder why it is now CL trying to recover the bikes. seems like Courier company and their insurance should be doing the hard yards here.

Β 

Β 

this is going to be hard to shift for what it's list value is in conventional channels

https://cwcycles.co.za/product/1017645-bike-road-carb-orbea-orca-m10iltd-pwr-my22?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAh8OtBhCQARIsAIkWb68Z3ZvCIZOVQviO_7SfQuvcIqvXOGWRf26Rri6m6oCWkJ9Ga3x5ztUaAiLWEALw_wcB

45 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

oh wow.Β  assume they have proper trackers so would know where the offload/transfer location was.

I wonder why it is now CL trying to recover the bikes. seems like Courier company and their insurance should be doing the hard yards here.

Β 

Β 

this is going to be hard to shift for what it's list value is in conventional channels

https://cwcycles.co.za/product/1017645-bike-road-carb-orbea-orca-m10iltd-pwr-my22?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAh8OtBhCQARIsAIkWb68Z3ZvCIZOVQviO_7SfQuvcIqvXOGWRf26Rri6m6oCWkJ9Ga3x5ztUaAiLWEALw_wcB

I suspect CL is just getting the word out there so the community can be on the look out.

53 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Β 

Β 

Yeah I think it’s good to get the word out even if there is an insurance claim happening, and make these bikes unsellable to our community once stolen and reported to the community as stolen.. might stop this from becoming a bigger problem..Β 

but then again they will probably always find a buyer as people love a deal and are quick to look the other way.. β€œoh I didn’t know the 200k bike I just bought for 50k was stolenπŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ..” yaa right,pal..πŸ™„

Good grief.. this is not local small business, this sounds like a syndicate, who move stock outside our borders.

it smells of an inside job, a huge shipment of phones worth millions was once hit ( huge truck) a few years back and I spoke to the guys who Handle the security, it was found that these guys do everything… from phones to bikes etc. All items are kept stored in safe haven secure estates and shipped to new owners. Our wonderful police need to step up and start following leads that go beyond SA!