Lyne Outer Cycles The Link E-Bikes

Hilton.

Lyne just released a new line of E-bikes, branded as Outer Cycles. Very exciting for this great brand based in Cape Town:

I'm sure more details and a full write-up will be coming soon here. In the meantime, some pics and details:

• Alloy frames
  • 160mm front and rear suspension travel
  • 85N.m Shimano EP8 Motor (32Kph)
  • 630Wh Shimano Battery 
  • Lyne Components dropper post, cockpit and rims

The Link model comes in two build kits:

• GX groupset, Rockshox ZEB Fork, Rockshox Super Deluxe Shock, SRAM Code R brakes
  • NX/GX groupset, Rockshox 35 Gold Fork, Rockshox Deluxe Shock, SRAM DB8 Brakes

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

THE-LINK-GX-SUSPENSION.jpg?v=1707064477

THE-LINK-GX-MOTOR.jpg?v=1707064477

THE-LINK-GX-DRIVETRAIN.jpg?v=1707064477

9f9661_b295074e65194a758627c90ff29e2e0b~mv2.jpg

What do you guys think?

Edited by Hilton.

2 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Nice, it will be interesting to see how the price compares to the Orbea Rise that runs the same EP8 motor.

The Rise has the RS version of the motor with only 60nm of support, You'd want to compare it to other full power alloy bikes like the Giant Reign or Trance X

I do like the logic they applied to the frame geometry, they make some valid points in there 🤙 The bike looks fast while standing still, which is always a bonus 😉

I just checked the prices on the website as well... very competitive.

Edited by BuffsVintageBikes

14 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

I do like the logic they applied to the frame geometry, they make some valid points in there 🤙 The bike looks fast while standing still, which is always a bonus 😉

I just checked the prices on the website as well... very competitive.

NX R90k

GX R115k

1 hour ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Nice, it will be interesting to see how the price compares to the Orbea Rise that runs the same EP8 motor.

R115k. for the GX build
R90k for the NX build

They started this project at the height of the market, entering with product at the slump. Who knows where the bottom is and when the turning point is? 

I like the company and its products, hopefully the timing of this bold move doesn't drown them.

On the up side they sticked to a sensible frame material, i.e. alu

Looks great. Nice looking bikes, love the colours, good name and great branding. Hope they exceed their expectations. 

👍