Cape Town Cycle Tour 2024

pdasilva

4 minutes ago, K20Champ said:

Will the start times be adjusted, as I started in 1A and not the & group, but currently reflects & group 6:24

I started 40 minutes later, with the charity group.

System reflects my correct times.

Sounds like the first scanners missed you.

Maybe email them your Strava file.

Or they may just use that 6 hour time to give a very bad seeding next time out ....

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

No sympathy for her... she is from the jewellery shop and tried to cross the road without looking and walked straight out in front of a few guys barreling down main road

Idiot

I heard about it from a neighbour and the story was naturally very different 

you know the cyclists are cretins narrative 

I had a measured, but hard, out ride.  Burning matches .... afterall, we were going to freewheel back with the wind ....

What a reality check ....

I dug deep trying for a PB ....

Hard day out.

Excellent test of my progress over the last 30 months 👍

Very happy to finish my maiden CTCT in 4:52.  Started out very conservatively but went much faster to the end, no walking and minor little cramps.

All in all it went a lot better than 94.7 where I had terrible cramps and was reduced to walking many times, no walking yesterday though .... 😁.

Edit: Anyone know what the total starting number of riders?

Edited by TheoG

14 hours ago, dev null said:

O, btw, I finally finished my 10th. Between not finishing the 2021 race, and not starting the 2022 race because of post-COVID heart issues, this should have happened years ago. Chuffed that that milestone is done and dusted. My son also finished his 10th. He will be 24 in 2 weeks, so he definitely can do his 21st before he is even 40,

Bloke that finished behind me finished his 44th.

Same here - did you both get your special medal?

If not you can still go to cycle trust office.

IMG_4436.jpeg

12 hours ago, Jaytriathlon said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to see your start group position? 

Racetec used to have that feature. 

12 hours ago, cadenceblur said:

Would also like to know 

Go to advanced, and then select wave 👋

2 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Go to advanced, and then select wave 👋

That option isn't there yet, from recent races it takes Finish time a day or two to add it in

image.png.208c3ba008678b68687e7edd9ccd8304.png

8 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

That option isn't there yet, from recent races it takes Finish time a day or two to add it in

image.png.208c3ba008678b68687e7edd9ccd8304.png

I see it’s disappeared from previous events too. It was there yesterday as I checked a few batches.

The other option is to sort by wave, in the all results view. But that also requires knowing on which page the group 

15 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

So my Garmin decided to turn of the gps. No tracking for the entire ride, I had speed, time, HR and cadence. 
not a big issue in the ride (although no avg speed meant I was doing lots of math in my head), but now uploading to Garmin and Strava has minimal data. 
does anyone know how to add distance to a Strava ride that only has time?

Camt you ask someone to tag you on their Strava ride?

Sad to see some accidents in the back half of the field, 2 involving tandems which in that back half is normally a noob or youngster.

Also some CPR underway with a mate urging his friend to stay with them.

I can't get that image out of my mind and sincerely hope the outcome was positive 

8 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I see it’s disappeared from previous events too. It was there yesterday as I checked a few batches.

The other option is to sort by wave, in the all results view. But that also requires knowing on which page the group 

yes it appears ther was a change made to the search categories again

The "advanced" search tab is disabled

Edited by DieselnDust

16 hours ago, Thomo said:

Glad to know it wasn't just me ... felt like I was still turning the pedals well enough but had no speed to show for it.! 🙈

Years of experience has taught me that during the race when the inevitable South Easter E blows up a storm it comes over the gap at Silver mine and then creates havoc on the descent as its now a headwind and quite a gusty one. It swirls in those corners and turns... All of me got moved around the road by it, and all of me is not a small amout of weight. I was epxecting the hard pedal down in to the teeth of it but there were many bemused mutterings in the group as to "wheres the tailwind"?. In the 2009 debacle with the Cape of Storms ride that swirling black South Easter moved me across both lanes in a gust when I was at high speed and it took all i had to stop it from barreling me in to the Armco. I nearly needed to change my shorts....

I am very respectful of a South Easter when its blowing hard when you come down Chappies. Its very changeable and gusty, and those gusts are powerful.

Many a PB got terminated on the descent from Chappies this year....

I witnessed a crash with 1B, entering Muizenberg, no idea how bad it got?

Really struggled once I got dropped in the little bump before Boulder's beach. Chappies was way harder than usual for me (descent included...), I had probably burnt to many matches by then. 

1 minute ago, Paul Ruinaard said:

Years of experience has taught me that during the race when the inevitable South Easter E blows up a storm it comes over the gap at Silver mine and then creates havoc on the descent as its now a headwind and quite a gusty one. It swirls in those corners and turns... All of me got moved around the road by it, and all of me is not a small amout of weight. I was epxecting the hard pedal down in to the teeth of it but there were many bemused mutterings in the group as to "wheres the tailwind"?. In the 2009 debacle with the Cape of Storms ride that swirling black South Easter moved me across both lanes in a gust when I was at high speed and it took all i had to stop it from barreling me in to the Armco. I nearly needed to change my shorts....

I am very respectful of a South Easter when its blowing hard when you come down Chappies. Its very changeable and gusty, and those gusts are powerful.

Many a PB got terminated on the descent from Chappies this year....

I was hugging the yellow line hard up against the mountain face .... trying my best to reduce the effect of that wind ....

Thankfully it was nice wide spread field as we passed over there.  Must have been scary in big bunches.

1 minute ago, Oli4 said:

I witnessed a crash with 1B, entering Muizenberg, no idea how bad it got?

Really struggled once I got dropped in the little bump before Boulder's beach. Chappies was way harder than usual for me (descent included...), I had probably burnt to many matches by then. 

This may be the one we passed a while later.  Ambulance blocking part of the road, working on the rider.

Never a good sight

THANKS to the vast number of medics all around the route