Swartberg pass 2024 gravel race

derickmuller

1 minute ago, milky4130 said:

Well Done Guy 👏🏻 this is looking promising for Gallows 👊🏻

Yeah, sjoe. I made a few mental notes and kept an eye on some things while out fighting the headwinds, so I'm hoping to get it a little better there.

Pretty excited now!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

I thought everyone gets a UCI medal. Are those only for podium finishers?

Only if you qualified for worlds - it sucks for me being in the most hotly contested age group .... 45-49 😂

20 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

So this is not time based? If there are 20 riders in your age group, you essentially need to be top 5?

Yes

And if you are over 60 male or over 50 female you must do the short route if you want to qualify which I think is daft.

33 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

Motorsport drivers/riders actually do lots of cycling for fitness with proper intervals, most are coached as well.

Someone I remember fondly was Gniel De Villiers who is another monster on the MTB, use to do a lot of local races where he would just klap you 6-love.

Max Biaggi was sponsored by Shimano on his leathers/bike IIRC.

56 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

Motorsport drivers/riders actually do lots of cycling for fitness with proper intervals, most are coached as well.

Someone I remember fondly was Gniel De Villiers who is another monster on the MTB, use to do a lot of local races where he would just klap you 6-love.

my singlespeed frame is a 26" Colin McRae Kona special edition...time to get that out the shed again!

1 hour ago, milky4130 said:

yeah, i recall F1 drivers and Rally drivers being extremely fit. And when it comes to technical stuff it also help that they have lightning fast reactions. 

3 hours ago, Baracuda said:

On the waterpoint subject, I think you timed it perfectly. I was about 20min ahead of you and got very little aside from water, bar-ones and orange quarters. They were just putting the wors on the fire when I went through.

I rest my case. 

25 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

yeah, i recall F1 drivers and Rally drivers being extremely fit. And when it comes to technical stuff it also help that they have lightning fast reactions. 

Stéphane Peterhansel, 14x winner of The Dakar, is an ACE mountain biker...he rode Lesotho Sky one year 

Aleix espargaro placed really well in elites at Epic a few years ago as well ! also beat me in a couple of zwift races during covid (not that it's an accomplishement 🤣)

32 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Aleix espargaro placed really well in elites at Epic a few years ago as well ! also beat me in a couple of zwift races during covid (not that it's an accomplishement 🤣)

He has like a man cave full of custom bikes!

27 minutes ago, DJuice said:

He has like a man cave full of custom bikes!

Not only goes he race premier class motorbikes, he looks like he's built like a TDF climber as well. 

5 hours ago, Shebeen said:

https://www.strava.com/pros/4822604

He's done 4500km+ this year.

I think he has enough time in his schedule for play things. F1 drivers always had a rockstar lifestyle, plenty of scope for fitness time.

He’s a pro athlete so exercise is part of the job. 
Jenson button is a multiple iron man

lewis has so much baggage he rarely sees the need for exercise, his suitcases are enough

max does all Sorts of sports

remember Alain Prost has ridden two or three cape epics 

etc etc

Edited by DieselnDust

1 hour ago, nonky said:

Stéphane Peterhansel, 14x winner of The Dakar, is an ACE mountain biker...he rode Lesotho Sky one year 

Carlo’s Sainz jnr trains with Poggy

On a 2019 podcast "Beyond Victory with Nico Rosberg" where Froome was the guest. Nico was boasting about his time up the Col de la Madone of 44 minutes for 270 watts which the locals of Monaco regularly do. Chris apparently did 470W for 30minutes.

https://www.strava.com/segments/2363

32 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

He’s a pro athlete so exercise is part of the job. 
Jenson button is a multiple iron man

lewis has so much baggage he seeing really need the exercise, his suitcases are enough

max does all Sorts of sports

remember Alain Prost has ridden two or three cape epics 

etc etc

I wasnt aware that the epic was around when Prost was young enough to do it.