Hopefully that saddle holds up better than their rims. Seatpost suppository

Photo's?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, MongooseMan said:

Decided to try one of the Ryet Temu saddles. 3d printed top with carbon fibre base and rails. So far so good.

1AF96216-DE14-4B55-AA4B-5FC5E8DB7B3C.jpeg

Honestly the saddle looks amazing.

6 hours ago, MongooseMan said:

Decided to try one of the Ryet Temu saddles. 3d printed top with carbon fibre base and rails. So far so good.

IMG_5450.mov

1AF96216-DE14-4B55-AA4B-5FC5E8DB7B3C.jpeg

i am more than happy to be a late adopter on this and let the guinea pigs score the deals!

Anyone bought some bibs yet from Temu? The local ones are just getting too expensive (at least for indoor training) - and seems like there are quality issues anyway (enough threads on that already...). I'd love to support local but R2k for an entry-level bib seems a bit excessive.

16 hours ago, dexterdent said:

Anyone bought some bibs yet from Temu? The local ones are just getting too expensive (at least for indoor training) - and seems like there are quality issues anyway (enough threads on that already...). I'd love to support local but R2k for an entry-level bib seems a bit excessive.

https://rapidsport.co.za/product-category/shop-men/cycling-shop-men/bottoms-cycling-shop-men/

16 hours ago, dexterdent said:

I got some bibs as part of my order testing the delivery. Some bibs, tools, camera etc all for R200 in some intro offer, so no idea what the bibs itself cost me. Quality is what can be expected from that price. The pad is not very good, and the sewing does not look like it will last more than a year. But for indoor it works for my hour-ish rides in the week. Would not use for longer or outdoor rides. YMMV, my bum does not mind bad bibs/saddles that much.

9 minutes ago, Gr3mlin131 said:

I got some bibs as part of my order testing the delivery. Some bibs, tools, camera etc all for R200 in some intro offer, so no idea what the bibs itself cost me. Quality is what can be expected from that price. The pad is not very good, and the sewing does not look like it will last more than a year. But for indoor it works for my hour-ish rides in the week. Would not use for longer or outdoor rides. YMMV, my bum does not mind bad bibs/saddles that much.

Thanks, that's useful feedback!

It will be interesting to see what effect the new tax laws on Temu will have from 1st July

37 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

It will be interesting to see what effect the new tax laws on Temu will have from 1st July

Will only affect clothing items, bike parts and tools are 0% duty, just 15% VAT

The tax on clothing has always been there, things just aren't always declared properly or enforced.

I brought in two parcels with cycling goods and on the one I paid 28% on duties and on the other one 31%.

Edited by Gadgets

I got this cycling waist bag on one of their deal things, so it was R300 or R400.

The link is being difficult , it's the "outdoor sports vest waist bag".

I also have a legit CamelBak Repack (cost R1500).

The Temu one is comfortable, spacious, there are lots of nifty pockets that are easily accessible while on the bike or running or hiking. The side pockets easily hold cycling water bottles or regular 500ml water bottles.

It's also comfortable to run with. 

The material and sewing quality appears good. 

It doesn't come with a bladder.

But I'd buy another one before I fork out R1500 on another CamelBak.

Screenshot_2024-07-01-07-30-20-526_com.android.chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Gripen_85 said:

I got this cycling waist bag on one of their deal things, so it was R300 or R400.

The link is being difficult , it's the "outdoor sports vest waist bag".

I also have a legit CamelBak Repack (cost R1500).

The Temu one is comfortable, spacious, there are lots of nifty pockets that are easily accessible while on the bike or running or hiking. The side pockets easily hold cycling water bottles or regular 500ml water bottles.

It's also comfortable to run with. 

The material and sewing quality appears good. 

It doesn't come with a bladder.

But I'd buy another one before I fork out R1500 on another CamelBak.

Screenshot_2024-07-01-07-30-20-526_com.android.chrome.jpg

What would an appropriate name be?

It does have that tactical military look to it with the shoulder straps.

Perhaps: "SWAPO inspired fanny pack"?

I have this exact one and it works like a bomb. Use it for cycling and hiking. Didn’t buy it from Temu but the exact same one and I’ve had it for a year now. 

With full 2L bladder in it I can still fit 5 naartjies in the main pocket. Gummies and other small bits in the front strap pocket. My iPhone 14 Pro can also fit in the front strap pocket. 

Doesn’t come with a bladder. 

I actually forget I’m wearing it. 

https://share.temu.com/g3xlhd5CjtA