At what point is "name & shame" acceptable on BH?

nox1111

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Despite the landslide result of the poll, there is STILL no naming and shaming!

I feel incredibly let down and deflated by this whole charade..... 

This happens far too often, OP's pop up, then disappear!

I'm giving the seller a chance to make it right before the N&S takes effect. I just don't think it's fair taking all the risk on me. So far he has had all the cards in his hand and I just don't trust that I'll get a refund in a timely manner if I was to return the hub to him. I have no reason to believe that it will happen.

19 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

haha, hey, not Friday yet. put away the petrol.

I think the responsible thing to do here @nox1111 is to send the seller the link to this thread with the clear instruction that failure to provide a refund (within an acceptable timeframe) will result in his naming here. This provides him the opportunity to make it right without causing further harm to himself as well as you.

My concern is that if he is not paying the refund due to being a small business, then I am worried that he no longer has the funds available and this makes him a risk to trade with anyway. If a "business" has cashflow issues, then the inevitable outcome is to take "the easy way out" regardless of damage to reputation.

Edited by Robbie Stewart
speling

Thank you Bikehub, and sorry to let you down in not bringing out the fires...

I shared this link with him and to show that I'm honestly trying to resolve this without being vindictive.  And sure, the N&S would have been greatly satisfying - but based on the current state of the cycling industry - I am not surprised when cashflow for dealers are not abundant. Partly the reason I was so flippen worked up, I feel the pinch and can't waste money atm.

I proposed a compromise that he accepted, we split the price for the parts - by my reasoning - I still need a hub and he can't sell a non-functioning hub.  And I'm just not prepared to send the hub and wait for payment based on my experience to date.

He promptly paid. Money still to clear.
Not happy with the process, but happy with the resolve.

Best outcome in the greater scheme of things. Glad you got some form of resolution.

Hopefully he has also learned a valuable lesson and may be less inclined to do this again in future if he values what business he has.

Edited by Robbie Stewart

All things being equal, I hope you have rated him fairly and accurately though for future trades.

Despite your "positive" outcome - this is not an individual I or I am sure many others would like to deal with.

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

what is at least consistent is poster asking for advice and then totally ignoring it and going their own way anyway….

BH advice takes years of experience man

Edited by DieselnDust

10 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

what is at least consistent is poster asking for advice and then totally ignoring it and going their own way anyway….

BH advice takes years of experience man

Yes and no.

Pretty sure the LBS/seller read this thread and it prompted him to do the right thing. If he was named and shamed up front he might have gone on the defensive and the matter would not be resolved. 

@nox1111 is far too patient, he has been given the run around and still has to pay more for the item to get to the condition expected, but if he's happy then that's a good ending.

If you only know the thoughts I had.  I was seriously peeved. But probably partly because I was recently screwed on another purchase. 

I think this thread and BH pitchfork crew lighting the torches is a bit like sending a juvenile to prison for a day. The possibility of the what can happen next is very clear. And sometimes its a necessary process to weigh up someone's choices and their consequences. I will rate seller accordingly, but I agree with Robbie's conclusion here - name and shame can sink a water treading company.

15 minutes ago, nox1111 said:

If you only know the thoughts I had.  I was seriously peeved. But probably partly because I was recently screwed on another purchase. 

I think this thread and BH pitchfork crew lighting the torches is a bit like sending a juvenile to prison for a day. The possibility of the what can happen next is very clear. And sometimes its a necessary process to weigh up someone's choices and their consequences. I will rate seller accordingly, but I agree with Robbie's conclusion here - name and shame can sink a water treading company.

An admirably mature attitude on display. Well done!

Dammit, now I've wasted money on petrol for my pitch fork, who is going to reimburse me ?

What is this world coming to, cant even have a good lynching anymore.

3 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

Dammit, now I've wasted money on petrol for my pitch fork, who is going to reimburse me ?

What is this world coming to, cant even have a good lynching anymore.

Keep the petrol I am sure the seller will catch someone else. We don't know who he is so we are all potential victims.