• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

I only use WW mild detergent. 
Kit is washed on its own and not dried in direct sunlight 

THIS

I think we underestimate the washing line drying effect on ALL clothing not just cycling kit

I always tell my wife "ons was ons klere in sy M..R in nie dra nie"

1 hour ago, cadenceblur said:

I only use WW mild detergent. 
Kit is washed on its own and not dried in direct sunlight 

Ass Magic do a great kit wash too. My stuff is normally washed by hand or sport cycle inside out and dried inside out as well, all my cloths really. 

Also had Assos Mille GT's that had issues. They must have loads of returns. 

They ended up giving me a discount on my next pair, i went for a higher level which are working fine.

The cheaper ones are k@k.

Edited by Cunning-Stunt

Here is a quick update:

Sent a mail to Assos direct explaining the situation, not actually expecting anything. Within 1 hour got a response from a service consultant asking for invoice, pic of saddle etc, sent mail with all the info.

Will give a update on the outcome, cannot fault them for speed of reply, more than I got from the agents in SA. 😀

4 hours ago, no calves said:

THIS

I think we underestimate the washing line drying effect on ALL clothing not just cycling kit

I always tell my wife "ons was ons klere in sy M..R in nie dra nie"

Came to the exact same conclusion many years ago.

2008 I put up a roof over our washing line area.  NO direct sun light onto our clothes while drying.

18 hours ago, Jva said:

Here is a quick update:

Sent a mail to Assos direct explaining the situation, not actually expecting anything. Within 1 hour got a response from a service consultant asking for invoice, pic of saddle etc, sent mail with all the info.

Will give a update on the outcome, cannot fault them for speed of reply, more than I got from the agents in SA. 😀

If you are in comms with head office, perhaps ask if there is a published list of un/acceptable saddles. A secret list is just too easy to hide behind.

we laugh about the saddle thingy but that **** is real. Okes are using saddles that shouldn't work for them but because "S" they will shoehorn their bottoms onto it. The result is chaffed lycra. Choose the right saddle okes

Herewith the final update.

So Assos got back to me, gave me a voucher to buy a replacement pair of  bibs on their international website including shipping, just did that and fingers crossed will have a new pair of bibs by the weekend.

Their feedback is that the reason for the wear is the saddle and they suggest I change saddles, I will investigate and look at that option. ( for interest I had my saddle measured and set up for me by Specialized, also don`t have a saddle bag ?). My only and original question still is all my other bibs are ok, why just this particular one? Anyway lessons learnt. I  really cannot fault Assos Switzerland for their after sale service and will definitely give them a big thumbs up. I wish more companies had this type of after sale support.👍😀

14 minutes ago, Jva said:

So Assos got back to me, gave me a voucher to buy a replacement pair of  bibs on their international website including shipping, just did that and fingers crossed will have a new pair of bibs by the weekend.

Their feedback is that the reason for the wear is the saddle and they suggest I change saddles, I will investigate and look at that option. ( for interest I had my saddle measured and set up for me by Specialized, also don`t have a saddle bag ?). My only and original question still is all my other bibs are ok, why just this particular one? Anyway lessons learnt. I  really cannot fault Assos Switzerland for their after sale service and will definitely give them a big thumbs up. I wish more companies had this type of after sale support.👍😀

Great outcome and I had a sense that you would come right dealing with them directly. 
I only use Specialized saddles and have not had this issue with my Assos bibs, granted I have the Equipe. This also does not say much for the distributor though, why could they not facilitate this ?? Actually quite pathetic if you think about it.

20 hours ago, Jva said:

The shape of the chamois plays a role here. One of the reasons I didn’t get along with the power saddle or any of the other brand names it’s sold under is that the saddle flares too gradually so my thighs would rub the saddle all the time. My assos bibs have the thickest pads, but with thin wings, of all my bibs so it would pinch my nutt. A saddle with a narrower nose and a more aggressive flare out to the width is better suited to me and my assos bibs. 
my ciovita bibs pads feel thick but they’re softer so under compression they’re a little more accommodating on a wide nose saddle. The result is in ciovita I now have to buy the supremo with it thicker pad but thinner wings or Vye bibs to avoid this nutt cracking effect.

These are elements worthy of consideration when purchasing bibs and contact points 

Sounds like saddle guys should talk to bib shorts guys and figure out a good combo. In the near future.. hey guys , these Sella Italia bibs are awesome! 🤓

Sorry bud. But that is BS that they won't replace the bibshorts irrespective of the saddle you used. I would take them on and demand a refund. These expensive bibshorts are not the same quality like before.