Ciovita faking review stats

SSCC

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, ChrisF said:

LOTS of complaints about the sizing of Ciovita.

In fairness ... READ their sizing charts !!  Actually do the measurements, then check the chart and order as per the chart.  Dont let your ego overrule when their chart is up to TWO sizes larger than other clothing !!  When you select from their chart their tops actually fits very nicely.

As for their Corsa bibs .... not again.

I got caught twice because of this, definitely have to blame myself but in all fairness if you are a certain size with almost all brands and their equivalent is for an 11 year old midget then their sizing is definitely also an issue. Tried contacting them but they just ignored me. Never and never again.

Edited by Sandro

2 minutes ago, Sandro said:

I got caught twice because of this, definitely have to blame myself but in all fairness if you are a certain size with almost all brands and their equivalenst is for an 11 year old midget then their sizing is definitely also an issue. Tried contacting them but they just ignored me. Never and never again.

Most of my clothing, and some cycling items, are size L.

With a few brands I have to take their XL.

According to the Ciovita size chart I must take their XXL 😵  I went to their shop to try on the sizes as I did not want to believe their chart

Jip, XXL it is with Ciovita.  (The only brand where I need this)

1 minute ago, ChrisF said:

According to the Ciovita size chart I must take their XXL 😵  I went to their shop to try on the sizes as I did not want to believe their chart

Ok so then I'm XXL too apparently 

28 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Wear the size that fits and stop being bothered by what the label says.

In Hi-Tec for instance i am a L in the 3-in-1 jackets but a XXL in their Rain jacket.. also a XXL in ciovita Tinta.

Really cant be bothered what the size prefix is anymore as long as it fits good

10 minutes ago, CIOVITA said:

Hi all,

[snip]

I hear ya, also I feel ya. BUT! Here is the problem:

hence rendering these reviews as resolved

A review is a review, you can't decide which ones suit your marketing message. If resolved, add functionality where the reviewer can post an update. Doing that is being transparent, and more truthful and will help build trust that when things go wrong, Ciovita's CS team will assist. 

hence rendering these reviews as resolved.

Why not reply to good reviews with a "Thank You" and then mark those as resolved as well? The answer is pretty simple, innit? Do what's right and play both sides of the album. YOU who is typing here as Ciovita is also a consumer and would love for all companies, brands and people you deal with to be honest and truthful. 

2 hours ago, no calves said:

Wear the size that fits and stop being bothered by what the label says.

In Hi-Tec for instance i am a L in the 3-in-1 jackets but a XXL in their Rain jacket.. also a XXL in ciovita Tinta.

Really cant be bothered what the size prefix is anymore as long as it fits good

My ego rejects your truth .... :P

Only reason for my detailed post is the ongoing posts about "incorrect sizing" of Ciovita goods.  Have to wonder how many people read the sizing chart vs how many just order their "normal size", then blame Ciovita when it does not fit.

44 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Only reason for my detailed post is the ongoing posts about "incorrect sizing" of Ciovita goods.  Have to wonder how many people read the sizing chart vs how many just order their "normal size", then blame Ciovita when it does not fit.

I separated sizing issues fro quality issues because as you point, sizing in term of  S, M, L , etc may not be absolue but centimetes are.

Know your chest , waist and hip dimension along with inseam and you won't have a problem..

I could be a small in some brands, medium in others and even a Large if race fit is chosen. It all depends on the centimeters.

Know your foot length in centimeters with a sock on and shoe sizes will be easy too.

2 hours ago, Iwan Kemp said:

I hear ya, also I feel ya. BUT! Here is the problem:

A review is a review, you can't decide which ones suit your marketing message. If resolved, add functionality where the reviewer can post an update. Doing that is being transparent, and more truthful and will help build trust that when things go wrong, Ciovita's CS team will assist. 

Why not reply to good reviews with a "Thank You" and then mark those as resolved as well? The answer is pretty simple, innit? Do what's right and play both sides of the album. YOU who is typing here as Ciovita is also a consumer and would love for all companies, brands and people you deal with to be honest and truthful. 

No alignment with Ciovita here, although I think it’s pretty clear that they’re not ‘gaming’ the system as the accusations go though. As outlined the system is an external plugin.
In practical terms it’s not really feasible to respond to every positive review as well as dedicating time to resolving complaints. There’s nothing dishonest or untruthful in their approach as outlined. 
It also helps keep out spam, there’s a lot fake negative reviews out there as well, be it bots or someone with an axes to grind.

Imho I don’t see any issues with how Ciovita have described their process. Also keeping in mind their market size and other areas of operations and marketing that require resources. 

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

Haven’t found a single company that carries a consistent sizing chart, sizing is one thing. But fit is another 😑

Of course my curse with clothing, as bikes, is that I’m often in between sizing. So with bibs, depending on the cut/pattern I might have to size down. With the Corse bibs I’ve got three generations across four or five different sets. Slight differences among them but I’ve found them to be long lasting and pretty good all rounders. 

Funny thing about sizing, a mate ordered a packable puffer from Nature Hike, he went two sizes up from large. Didn’t fit him so he passed it onto me as im a M/L. Fits perfect, we have a lag every time I wear this XXL jacket 😆 

6 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

No alignment with Ciovita here, although I think it’s pretty clear that they’re not ‘gaming’ the system as the accusations go though. As outlined the system is an external plugin.
In practical terms it’s not really feasible to respond to every positive review as well as dedicating time to resolving complaints. There’s nothing dishonest or untruthful in their approach as outlined. 
It also helps keep out spam, there’s a lot fake negative reviews out there as well, be it bots or someone with an axes to grind.

Imho I don’t see any issues with how Ciovita have described their process. Also keeping in mind their market size and other areas of operations and marketing that require resources. 

eeeer, read their reply again. They don't publish negative reviews till they are resolved. So the score is being artificially propped up

1 minute ago, Danger Dassie said:

Haven’t found a single company that carries a consistent sizing chart, sizing is one thing. But fit is another 😑

Of course my curse with clothing, as bikes, is that I’m often in between sizing. So with bibs, depending on the cut/pattern I might have to size down. With the Corse bibs I’ve got three generations across four or five different sets. Slight differences among them but I’ve found them to be long lasting and pretty good all rounders. 

Funny thing about sizing, a mate ordered a packable puffer from Nature Hike, he went two sizes up from large. Didn’t fit him so he passed it onto me as im a M/L. Fits perfect, we have a lag every time I wear this XXL jacket 😆 

Chinese XXL = SA M/L = USA M

1 minute ago, DieselnDust said:

eeeer, read their reply again. They don't publish negative reviews till they are resolved. So the score is being artificially propped up

Eeeer I did read it and believe they gave a good account of their practice. Can keep going in circles on the finer semantics, but on the whole they’re not being dishonest if we actually look at it objectively. 

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

Have you ever shouted at your wife to help you measure your chest and waist...... only to anyways decide you dont fit into the (insert size here) measurement since you intend to lose 5kgs and that will make you 1 size smaller. come 1 year down the line and you picked up 2ks and you now look like a armgat gestopte wors...