Downhill Riders,including current SA National Champ, overlooked for World Champs

1 hour ago, Sally E Kirk said:

Meanwhile, two talented riders (both current SA National DH Champions in their age groups - Elite Women and Junior Men), (ages can be supplied on request but definitely not over 30) who were selected for World Champs do not have sufficient funding to go to Andorra, and are requesting financial assistance.  Maybe it's time for the cynics among you to put your money where your mouths are and support their fund raising efforts.😉

IMG-20240722-WA0000.jpg

Here we go, I am pretty fond of Frankie so happy to help her. 

I have a apartment in Ransol in Andorra if she needs somewhere to stay but its pretty far from the event venue 

image.png.8627a53ea8ab623b85588e136a33426f.png

Edited by J Wakefield

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sally E Kirk said:

Meanwhile, two talented riders (both current SA National DH Champions in their age groups - Elite Women and Junior Men), (ages can be supplied on request but definitely not over 30) who were selected for World Champs do not have sufficient funding to go to Andorra, and are requesting financial assistance.  Maybe it's time for the cynics among you to put your money where your mouths are and support their fund raising efforts.😉

IMG-20240722-WA0000.jpg

Thanks Sally, makes it all the more difficult as there’s also no elite rider presence to mentor/bond with. 
Will make a contribution as soon as and share around! 
All the best. 

10 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Here we go, I am pretty fond of Frankie so happy to help her. 

I have a apartment in Ransol in Andorra if she needs somewhere to stay but its pretty far from the event venue 

image.png.8627a53ea8ab623b85588e136a33426f.png

Very generous of you, I'm sure she will appreciate your support.

2 hours ago, Sally E Kirk said:

IMG-20240722-WA0000.jpg

Regardless of each other’s respective opinion and the bickering aside.

Perhaps we can best channel our efforts into giving this the exposure it needs and share among our networks?

@Matt perhaps a mention on the content side? 

33 minutes ago, Headshot said:

For once, me and the ANC are in agreement. 

I’m going to screen grab that comment before you edit it😂

it’s a slippery slope

Edited by DieselnDust

2 hours ago, Sally E Kirk said:

IMG-20240722-WA0000.jpg

Most definitely!

Mylo interviewing Theo and Rory in Morzine yesterday. AWESOME Job by Myles shining a light on this. Watch the video. PLEASE! The level of commitment from these guys is mind bending.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

1 minute ago, rock said:

so next year we send no elites when GM retires? 

I doubt we will have enough uci points to qualify for as many spots if any at all.

even more reason to get get guys to try get points at worlds and keep SA somewhere on the DH rankings

Worlds doesn’t count toward series points. You need to race and qualify in World cups for that. 

uci dhi World Cup season:

May 3-5 fort William 

may 17-19 bielsko Poland 

June 7-9 Leogang Austria

june 14-6 Val di Sole Italy 

June 25 Les gets France 

thats 5 World Cup races to use to qualify. 
So if they had read the criteria in December they could have planned their season to include national series events plus world cups to qualify.

the whole thing is where it is because none of them read the criteria when published. Its not CSA’ s responsibility to make anyone read the rules. That’s a condition of your license therefore it’s on the rider or coach to know the rules.

its a crappy place to be.

XCO has a quota for 6 male and 6 female elites. For those not strong in arithmetic that’s 12 riders. They’re only sending 2 males and 1 female.

U23 we have quota for 6 and 3 females we are unranked in ladies U23. Sending 4 males and 1 female.

3 juniors are going , we have a quota for 6 males and 7 females….

all the riders going QUALIFIED….

i dont see a big song and dance about the XCO not filling the allowed quota.

20 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Worlds doesn’t count toward series points. You need to race and qualify in World cups for that. 

uci dhi World Cup season:

May 3-5 fort William 

may 17-19 bielsko Poland 

June 7-9 Leogang Austria

june 14-6 Val di Sole Italy 

June 25 Les gets France 

thats 5 World Cup races to use to qualify. 
So if they had read the criteria in December they could have planned their season to include national series events plus world cups to qualify.

the whole thing is where it is because none of them read the criteria when published. Its not CSA’ s responsibility to make anyone read the rules. That’s a condition of your license therefore it’s on the rider or coach to know the rules.

its a crappy place to be.

XCO has a quota for 6 male and 6 female elites. For those not strong in arithmetic that’s 12 riders. They’re only sending 2 males and 1 female.

U23 we have quota for 6 and 3 females we are unranked in ladies U23. Sending 4 males and 1 female.

3 juniors are going , we have a quota for 6 males and 7 females….

all the riders going QUALIFIED….

i dont see a big song and dance about the XCO not filling the allowed quota.

Don't bring logic in, it's not friday.