Downhill Riders,including current SA National Champ, overlooked for World Champs

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

It's the Bike Morzine whip off comp at the big table on Zore today. Holding thumbs for the Saffers. This is WAY more prestigious than a podium at a silly little World Cup or World champs.

This is apparently Dylan Lamb looking to take gold for SA

image.jpeg.676b684c750b855cb41639081bb98c31.jpeg

Go Dylaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!

19 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

Yes, I read that,
I asked did he go through a series of qualifying rounds to get to the final?

who actually cares ..... stop being so sour 

finals is finals 

1 hour ago, Onlybikes said:

who actually cares ..... stop being so sour 

finals is finals 

Not sour actually curious how he made it to the final or was it simply 10 okes on bikes going for it and he won? 

Stop being so defensive 

19 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

This is WAY more prestigious than a podium at a silly little World Cup or World champs.

image.jpeg.676b684c750b855cb41639081bb98c31.jpeg

This quote I agree with 

6 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Not sour actually curious how he made it to the final or was it simply 10 okes on bikes going for it and he won? 

Stop being so defensive 

Except that you know the answer to that question already, don't you.

2 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Except that you know the answer to that question already, don't you.

Nope I do not hence me asking. 

If you guys dont know, then just say so instead of avoiding the question. 

13 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Nope I do not hence me asking. 

If you guys dont know, then just say so instead of avoiding the question. 

150 riders had a timed run for elite men.

27 minutes ago, Headshot said:

You can Google  just as well as anyone else surely?

Yes I could, I could read the info what is required to qualify and to be dick here based on your snottyness to get a single answer, so could the guys going to worlds but Im not going there.

Edited by J Wakefield

16 minutes ago, Onlybikes said:

150 riders had a timed run for elite men.

Thank you I appreciate the info. Great result. 

1 hour ago, J Wakefield said:

Thank you I appreciate the info. Great result. 

To race the IXS races you need a UCI license. Much like a world cup there's a track walk followed by training, a seeding run and a finals run.

IIRC they have a small final (21st-40th in seeding) and a big final (1st to 20th in seeding) The top 20 fastest qualifiers get to race for the win and podiums in the big final. So everyone gets a "finals" run but only the top guys get to race for the W and the cash.

It's most certainly NOT a f*** around mates race series for losers who can't cut it at the World Cups. The level is incredibly high as evidenced by the top 10 around Ross.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

1 hour ago, J Wakefield said:

Yes I could, I could read the info what is required to qualify and to be dick here based on your snottyness to get a single answer, so could the guys going to worlds but Im not going there.

Google is still usually better than asking a question here. FWIW. Unless you're trying to prove a point in an oblique way by asking the question in the first place of course. 

I assumed from your experience in the MTB and DH arena that you'd be well aware what the European Cup DH series is and that qualifying forms part of such a series. Call me crazy.

Just a funny little anecdote when Duran was doing his postman pat impression in a tiny van around Europe he'd enter the IXS races because the race entry includes 3 or 4 days of lift access and the race entry was cheaper than the equivalent lift pass at normal times. That and the free food.

He'd also collect all the red bull cans and feed those to reverse vending machines to gather a bit of cash.

Edited by Duane_Bosch