Song of the day, add your current favourite....

SwissVan

I love scrolling this thread from time to time.  I like to think I have a fairly diverse taste in music.  Often I'll come across an old classic on here that I had forgotten about,  Even better, someone will post something that I'd never heard of before and, after listening to it,  I can add it to my list of favourites.  

Since moving to the States I've had a lot more exposure to the Country genre.  A lot of it is meh, but there is the odd song here and there that resonates with me and pleasures my musical ear.

One such song is from Eric Church.  Ironically, its more of an anti-country song and probably not a country song in the true sense of it.  Regardless, give it a listen with an open mind.  Be interested to hear what everyone thinks of it.  

Edited by Dubber

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love scrolling this thread from time to time.  I like to think I have a fairly diverse taste in music.  Often I'll come across an old classic on here that I had forgotten about,  Even better, someone will post something that I'd never heard of before and, after listening to it,  I can add it to my list of favourites.  

Since moving to the States I've had a lot more exposure to the Country genre.  A lot of it is meh, but there is the odd song here and there that resonates with me and pleasures my musical ear.

One such song is from Eric Church.  Ironically, its more of an anti-country song and probably not a country song in the true sense of it.  Regardless, give it a listen with an open mind.  Be interested to hear what everyone thinks of it.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAX5XvdKRFk

I like it. I'm getting quite into the countryish stuff.

I love scrolling this thread from time to time. I like to think I have a fairly diverse taste in music. Often I'll come across an old classic on here that I had forgotten about, Even better, someone will post something that I'd never heard of before and, after listening to it, I can add it to my list of favourites.

Since moving to the States I've had a lot more exposure to the Country genre. A lot of it is meh, but there is the odd song here and there that resonates with me and pleasures my musical ear.

One such song is from Eric Church. Ironically, its more of an anti-country song and probably not a country song in the true sense of it. Regardless, give it a listen with an open mind. Be interested to hear what everyone thinks of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAX5XvdKRFk

Country music has so many sub genres you can spend an eternity in it. I love the genre.. But not this new country..i.e pickups girls and beers

Old country and alt country

Townes van Zandt

Emmylou harris

Gram parsons

Whiskey town and Ryan adams etc etc

Enjoy the trip

https://youtu.be/1PytxPaU6k4

Division Bell, Pink Floyd, giving it a re-listen today...

Headphones make it extra-special...

And then been reading up on 8D, which is more 8 directions with a headphones that 8 Dimensional, but the effect is startling, gives the illusion of music playing BEYOND the headphone earpiece; quite surreal!