Cape Town danger areas

Evan Andreou

** As received**

Another attempted bike jacking in front of the US embassy this morning at around 5h30. Three guys charged four cyclists. They managed to evade them.

That is near to Tokai if I am not mistaken?

If so, that stretch of road has historically seen many a bike theft over the years.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is near to Tokai if I am not mistaken?

If so, that stretch of road has historically seen many a bike theft over the years.

It has but it really has become a hot spot since July.

Someone should go talk to the "godfather" of Westlake again  :whistling:

Irony is that Pollsmoor prison is just down the road.

** As received**

Another attempted bike jacking in front of the US embassy this morning at around 5h30. Three guys charged four cyclists. They managed to evade them.

Sho!!

Yep, was one of the guys rushed near the American Embassy. We all avoided physical contact. I just think the perps lack originality in choosing location. One had what looked like a firearm wrapped in cloth. May not have been, but wasn't too keen to have a close inspection. We all got away fine. Everybody is peachy. Thanks.

Yep, was one of the guys rushed near the American Embassy. We all avoided physical contact. I just think the perps lack originality in choosing location. One had what looked like a firearm wrapped in cloth. May not have been, but wasn't too keen to have a close inspection. We all got away fine. Everybody is peachy. Thanks.

US Embassy won't let you in ... even if you are dying on the sidewalk in front of their gate...!

US Embassy won't let you in ... even if you are dying on the sidewalk in front of their gate...!

They might even shoot you a couple times in the back, especially if your skin tone is a bit dark, watch your cyclist tan...

Never thought that of all places the polsmoor surroundings would be dangerous... I usually am more worried at the top of silvermine when I go that side... **** I'll end up only riding the road bike at killarney and the MTB on the tygerberg trails at the rate things are going...

Damned ... they must have an impressive wall that you can't jump over then!

• 2 weeks later...

This whole idea of trying to grab someone, a bike or a handbag or a phone or whatever, and then just "wandering off" if the crime doesn't work . . . . . to try again later I guess. Knowing the chances of any repercussions are almost zero.

This whole idea of trying to grab someone, a bike or a handbag or a phone or whatever, and then just "wandering off" if the crime doesn't work . . . . . to try again later I guess. Knowing the chances of any repercussions are almost zero.

It's bizarre, when I was mugged at knife point a few years back when the 2 guys realised the situation was getting a little hot they ran off for around 10m and then slowed to a walk and continued on their way as if nothing had happened.

On second view I was rooting for the guy in the bakkie that came screaming through the intersection to make contact with that one guy  :ph34r:

Except that if he was indeed aiming at the perpetrator, then he was wrong, it was NOT the guy who pulled the cyclist off his bike. It is entirely possible that he was just an innocent bystander crossing the road. Nothing in the video connects him with the attempted robbery.

Nah...i'm going with that they all connected. If you crossing the road as a innocent bystander then "run off" in the same direction you initially heading.

Video clearly shows all 3 "perps" running away in the same direction together!

That's a clear and obvious sign of Re-group, Re-Strategize move right there!

Except that if he was indeed aiming at the perpetrator, then he was wrong, it was NOT the guy who pulled the cyclist off his bike. It is entirely possible that he was just an innocent bystander crossing the road. Nothing in the video connects him with the attempted robbery.