Cape Town danger areas

Evan Andreou

Glad you okay bud. Hope you heal up soon. Got taken out by an Uber yesterday as well just outside SIMON’STOWN ‍♂ Thinking of going back to golf.

**** man. Gad you are okay, could have been much worse I suppose. Kinda makes me not want to ride here at the moment, which is such a shame since it really is one of the most beautiful rides in our country.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its war out there!  I love riding alone, but I'm starting to think that is probably not a wise thing to do.

Is it just me or are the number of incidents increasing rapidly?

Edited by Theog

Its war out there! I love riding alone, but I'm starting to think that is probably not a wise thing to do.

Is it just me or are the number of incidents increasing rapidly?

Riding alone? I’m starting to reconsider riding at all. We are clearly being targeted.

Riding alone? I’m starting to reconsider riding at all. We are clearly being targeted.

Sorry, I like it too much just to stop because of donerse criminals.  Will have to stick to bike parks or other safe areas.

I cannot think its a coincidence that its a silver polo again. I got driven over on klipheuwel by a silwer polo 7 weeks ago. Older shape round back lights. I am sure its the same car.

It’s madness - I now almost never ride my roadbike and I live where it’s considered safe - this is no way to live. Apart from aggro drivers we now have to live in fear of getting killed for our bikes and phones

Glad you are safe B

How did these F*k heads in the silver Polo actually take the bike? Did they put it in the boot of the Polo (assuming that the seats were already down) or did they have a bike rack?

stuffed it in back seat, it was snapped in half and missing the rear wheel so folded up nicely

I cannot think its a coincidence that its a silver polo again. I got driven over on klipheuwel by a silwer polo 7 weeks ago. Older shape round back lights. I am sure its the same car.

that’s very similar description. Message me Varkie and we can swap deets.

It’s madness - I now almost never ride my roadbike and I live where it’s considered safe - this is no way to live. Apart from aggro drivers we now have to live in fear of getting killed for our bikes and phones

Glad you are safe B

Thanks Wayne, no looking for forward to gravel in wilderness ASAP

stuffed it in back seat, it was snapped in half and missing the rear wheel so folded up nicely

Seems a bit weird. They not going to make much money from a bike that’s trashed? Doesn’t seem to be a very clever modus.

Seems a bit weird. They not going to make much money from a bike that’s trashed? Doesn’t seem to be a very clever modus.

Think the vibe is knock people off pick up phones off floor and drive off. No place for any full bikes in a polo

if on a bicycle with any real value = the whole of cpt . your safer going back to the golf course . when in cpt i ride a pos or sk8board - they dont steal sk8boards .....