Cape Town danger areas

Evan Andreou

biggest bumper has the right of way ....

some seriously bad driving out there at the moment !!

Bellville...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And then this happened.

Got pulled off my bike at the bottom end of Koeberg/Adderley rd in Durbanville, close to the Philadelphia rd T junction.

White 1st gen Opel Corsa bakkie, CAW registration. 3 x coloured males.

I just finished repairing a flat wheel, and just pushed of to get going again. the Corsa appeared out of nowhere and cut me off. Chap on back of the bakkie jumped off and grabbed my bike. While I was grappling with him, passenger jumped out and came for me. I let go of bike and grabbed my pepperspray from my back pocket. I sprayed wildly at them, and they quickly retreated and threw my bike onto the back of the bakkie, jumped onto bakkie and raced off. I got some of the spray in my eyes and could not read rest of the numberplate, it happened so fast in any case, would say from start to finish, less than 30 seconds. Did not see any weapons, but chap that grabbed my bike was very agressive, shouting "los, los, los" the whole time.

Luckily a Samaritan stopped after I walked only a few 100 meters, and brought me home.

Can you believe, the only morning I forgot/left my phone at home, could not phone for help. Shucks, I could not even remember my wife's telephone number to phone her while we were driving home. 

They got away with my bike, a white Solis Scoria, white Fizik saddle, white American Classic Sprint 350 wheels, and then my Edge 500.

Bike is fairly unique, not many of them around.

Scrounging around for photo's to post of bike.

What an horrific experience - I'm glad you are OK.

And then this happened.

Got pulled off my bike at the bottom end of Koeberg/Adderley rd in Durbanville, close to the Philadelphia rd T junction.

White 1st gen Opel Corsa bakkie, CAW registration. 3 x coloured males.

I just finished repairing a flat wheel, and just pushed of to get going again. the Corsa appeared out of nowhere and cut me off. Chap on back of the bakkie jumped off and grabbed my bike. While I was grappling with him, passenger jumped out and came for me. I let go of bike and grabbed my pepperspray from my back pocket. I sprayed wildly at them, and they quickly retreated and threw my bike onto the back of the bakkie, jumped onto bakkie and raced off. I got some of the spray in my eyes and could not read rest of the numberplate, it happened so fast in any case, would say from start to finish, less than 30 seconds. Did not see any weapons, but chap that grabbed my bike was very agressive, shouting "los, los, los" the whole time.

Luckily a Samaritan stopped after I walked only a few 100 meters, and brought me home.

Can you believe, the only morning I forgot/left my phone at home, could not phone for help. Shucks, I could not even remember my wife's telephone number to phone her while we were driving home. 

They got away with my bike, a white Solis Scoria, white Fizik saddle, white American Classic Sprint 350 wheels, and then my Edge 500.

Bike is fairly unique, not many of them around.

Scrounging around for photo's to post of bike.

Did a white bakkie not do the rounds a couple of seasons ago - southern peninsula?

My friends reminded of two incidents on Malanshoogte also, a while back (a year or two maybe!?)

Did a white bakkie not do the rounds a couple of seasons ago - southern peninsula?

I also remember that bakkie, but i think it was northerns

Are there community cameras on that road ?  (at least on the last bit of Durbanville leading out on that road)

MAYBE, just maybe the bakkie is captured somewhere ....

Any Hubbers know how to follow up on this ?

I think that bakkie was a white Hilux if im not mistaken. 2 or 3 years ago, they were operating around the Cape Point area.

I think that bakkie was a white Hilux if im not mistaken. 2 or 3 years ago, they were operating around the Cape Point area.

Small type bakkie.

Are there community cameras on that road ?  (at least on the last bit of Durbanville leading out on that road)

MAYBE, just maybe the bakkie is captured somewhere ....

Any Hubbers know how to follow up on this ?

If there is a neighbourhood watch in that area they may know about cameras.

Was the white bakkie not something that happened at the bottom of Vissershok Road, close to the stop street by Hoogekraal?

I remember a guy being pushed off his bike, but the impact being so hard that the bike actually cracked and the guys fled the scene.

Guys were pretending to have a mechanical at the side of the road at the time...