Cycle dealer in trouble

wheels

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Methinks she protests too much, a mere apology and free tube should suffice.

Wonder if the negative comments would have been posted if it had been Minkie or Patricia

Fact is Batsie make a ton from Top Billing alone nevermind her other interests. Integrity is what counts, nobody knows except the salesperson(took the photo) and Andrew whether she gave permission for her photo to be used or not.

If I was a well known person and someone uses my name and photo for the bennefit of their bus then I would also be upset and claim damages. I hope that they made enough out of the pink side  to pay the damages because it can become a ugly thing with plenty legal costs. 

+1

Its like the price-fixing issue in that cycle businesses dont seem to know the laws that they are trading under or the implications of their actions.

Anyone got the actual pic?

The way her case is stated does sound a bit overdone as Scotty says. But my daughter tells me "if you want a kitten, start out by asking for a horse".

believe me, I doubt that any of the others would have kicked up that much shyte about it... business can't be doing well if you want to sue for so much money. Basetsana , who huh????? Doesn't ring a bell!!!

Its BS. She's just trying to make a quick buck.

So ok her face is her trademark but it is not as if they used the photo as an endorsement. It seems to be just a by the way type thing. I for one would not buy anything cycle related because of her face. Does she know the peddle from the saddle? And she was what? I did not even know she is a former ms SA. I've seen her on TV and thought thats how she became 'famous'.

Cycle Lab should sue her back for loss of sales after using a photo of her face.

Cycle Lab should sue her back for loss of sales after using a photo of her face.

ClapClap

Just about fell of my chair when I read that.

Thanks for the laugh!!!!!

Clap

Guest coenie

So I can sue the traffic department for taking my picture...and posting it to me demanding R250.....and it was not even a good picture....

Does she know the peddle from the saddle?

Probably not.

But Andrew peddles pedals and saddles, and should have asked for permission before using a relatively well-known person in an advertisement for his product. (My understanding is that it was in an advert of sorts, from the newspaper reports, but that might be inaccurate?)

Did she notice the photographer or not?

Why did she not to speak to Andrew before sueing him?

Maybe she needs quick money?

now' date=' if it was Suzette Van der Merwe, the Lab would have made millions out of me alone...Big%20smile[/quote']

they are trying to market cycling to the black community, not world war 2 vets.

Just read the articles, pic was taken and used in 2007, why is she only now making a fuss?......

Headline grabbing me thinks! Besides no such thing as bad publicity