Cycle Lab Web/Online Store

AuctionLamb

But how on earth can they offer "better" prices online than in their stores? Then they must either stop trading, or get a completely new name. It boils down to UNETHICAL behaviour and (to quote RacingSnail)Shopping Cartel/Cycle Lab probably says it all.

Why? they write it up as online specials. Alot of shops does that.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But how on earth can they offer "better" prices online than in their stores? Then they must either stop trading, or get a completely new name. It boils down to UNETHICAL behaviour and (to quote RacingSnail)Shopping Cartel/Cycle Lab probably says it all.

It is funny how some people always find something to moan about...some people can never be satisfied.

It is funny how some people always find something to moan about...some people can never be satisfied.

Exactely. And if they take away the online shop they will moan about the shops being expensive.

yeah, just like some people will always find ways to have something negative to say about other people's comments, actually not contributing to the discussion.

I dont go anywhere near CycleLab anyway...bunch of snobs

As far i recall CWC does the same.

As far i recall CWC does the same.

No, CWC Online and CWC are two different companies. Online is Jnr's baby and the brick shop is his dad's.

Ordered my 2 Crossmarks yesterday at 11am. They arrived today just on 24hrs later still with the R513 price tag. I paid half that (46% off to be precise).

Good deal, good delivery time. So IMHO thats good service and seeing that I was in the Fourways branch last week looking at Tyres - no Maxxis of any sort in stock and dammned if I was going to drop a grand right there on something else. though I did consider the Rubena option...

Right time right place comes to mind and how often do you hear that about the www...

No, CWC Online and CWC are two different companies. Online is Jnr's baby and the brick shop is his dad's.

When we were in Cape Town we went into the brick shop and bought shoes from the online shop. The distinction seems a little blurred.

But we got a a good deal and that's what matters.

• 7 years later...

Thread revival. Closest CL thread I could find that relates to my inquiry.

Anyone bought from their online store recently?

Whats the delivery like? Are they reliable?

Going to the fourways branch to pick up race numbers is bad enough, don't want to have to go there to sort out an online store issue.

They got something I want and they the cheapest I have seen.

I bought a helmet from the online store in June this year. It wasn’t a bad experience. I did however have to make a phone call to them just to clarify the delivery date but apart from that it was fine.

Delivery took one week to Cape Town.

Going to the fourways branch to pick up race numbers is bad enough, don't want to have to go there to sort out an online store issue.

I bought a helmet from the online store in June this year. It wasn’t a bad experience. I did however have to make a phone call to them just to clarify the delivery date but apart from that it was fine.

Delivery took one week to Cape Town.

Thanks man. Placed the order earlier today. So far I am happy, I sent them a mail with a query and they(Robert) phoned me within less than 5 min.

I am so glad there are websites like Chain rxn cycles. It forces the local shops to become competitive or die.

I think its rather sad that people feel this way..think about this for a second...Bigger cycle retailers get big discounts because they have buying power..yet instore they sell at the same price as the smaller retailers..Thus making far bigger margins than the small shops...what people also dont realise is what will happen when all your small shops do die...you will have one or two large retailers that will take over the market..just imagine those service levels when you are forced to buy from them..or forced to take your bike there for a service..

Edited by floatfox

I think its rather sad that people feel this way..think about this for a second...Bigger cycle retailers get big discounts because they have buying power..yet instore they sell at the same price as the smaller retailers..Thus making far bigger margins than the small shops...what people also dont realise is what will happen when all your small shops do die...you will have one or two large retailers that will take over the market..just imagine those service levels when you are forced to buy from them..or forced to take your bike there for a service..

Its called the free market system. It's not unique to the cycle industry. Think of the corner grocer when supermarkets started to appear.

One guy had the foresight to set up a big mega store, you can't blame him because the smaller shops never had the same idea.

It is up to those small shops to offer customers something different to the mega stores. It's a business thing, something better than the mega stores, something to bring the clients back.

My item was ready same day. I ordered it in the morning and received a call around lunch time to say its ready for collection. 

• 1 year later...

Has anyone experienced bad/poor service from the online store lately ?

this is the 2nd time i order from them online - had to follow up each and every time

to check whether the items has been posted or whats happening.

Now - ordered on the 26/11/18 - stil no feedback on my order - still waiting for

there reply on my email today.

rather disappointing i would say.

My order i placed on CWC 2 days ago is being shipped already.  :-/