Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to suggest a Carver EBB which is similar to the Bushnell.

Hi Thug

I actually had a look at them, but they do not have a mylar sheath that suits the diameter of the Niner Air9 Carbon BB shell.

A mm or 2 out.

So far so good.

Will keep you posted

good to see you too, on foot cause I. R. mutlisport

we should arrange a gathering of SS in the Spruit sometime...

Can you wait two weeks so I can finish mine ?

So I took the Ritchey for an 8 hour maiden spin around Cape Town (Tokai, Silvermine, etc.)

Sweet loving fun. Fits perfectly

Only issue: an anoying creak. But sure that will be sorted

post-5125-0-98275000-1352743453_thumb.jpg

post-5125-0-73439800-1352743505_thumb.jpg

sure we can wait a few weeks...

the plan is to arrange a SS ride / get together in the Spruit - just for the hell of it...

anybody have comments or recommendations on the following dates: 1 Dec, 2 Dec, 8 Dec, 9 Dec?

(holding onto my hat, sinking deep into my shoulders blink.png )

So I took the Ritchey for an 8 hour maiden spin around Cape Town (Tokai, Silvermine, etc.)

Sweet loving fun. Fits perfectly

Only issue: an anoying creak. But sure that will be sorted

Shouldn't creak Pieta.

Make sure you used copper-slip on the BB threads.

What seat post is that ?

Make sure the bolts on the sliding dropouts are properly tight.

the plan is to arrange a SS ride / get together in the Spruit - just for the hell of it...

anybody have comments or recommendations on the following dates: 1 Dec, 2 Dec, 8 Dec, 9 Dec?

Best i get building another SS quickly then

After breaking the last frame I am going to take down the next Gary Fisher frame from the rafters and build another SS bike. I reckon things are going to have to be painted first. Thinking black frame and fork with Orange writing and parts? I also have mostly Green parts (rear cog conversion, bar ends, brand new half link chain) that were for the previous bike and new wheels with green nipples, so could be the route I have to go.... Suggestions?

Edited by Swift01

Unless there is a 26inch SS frame out there going cheap............... Think I will upgrade to disk brakes over the V-brakes this time thumbup1.gif

After breaking the last frame I am going to take down the next Gary Fisher frame from the rafters and build another SS bike. I reckon things are going to have to be painted first. Thinking black frame and fork with Orange writing and parts? I also have mostly Green parts (rear cog conversion, bar ends, brand new half link chain) that were for the previous bike and new wheels with green nipples, so could be the route I have to go.... Suggestions?

sounds like you got a good plan...

8 Dec works for me

Did I read 'bar ends' in there somewhere?...