Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first SS and first build must say it was great fun riding, I did look for gears the first couple of km's. 

Very nice , love the elegance of  chain tensioner ! 

post-43-0-42202300-1502963439_thumb.jpgpost-43-0-67655300-1502963438_thumb.jpg

My Lynskey started creaking and I thought the BB needed servicing.

To my horror the BB was fine but there are cracks in the frame where the top tube and seat post meet.

The local Lynskey agent has someone who does these kind of repairs.

I hope my frame can be saved.

My Gary Fischer built with parts from my parts bin at home. Loving it clap.gif

This bike did some travelling.

I bought it in Dec 2010 and shipped it to Jhb to use as my commuting bike.

In Feb 2011 my daughter went to Stellenbosch so we shipped it back to Stellenbosch for her to use as she had no transport

In Feb 2012 my daughter got a car so we moved this bike to Cape Town for my wife to use when she went there on business

In Jan 2013 we shipped it back to JHB and gave it to my son-in- law to use while we found him a bike.

Then a few months later a hubber was looking for a bike for his gardener so I donated this one.

attachicon.gifIMG_1370.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1369.JPG

My Lynskey started creaking and I thought the BB needed servicing.

To my horror the BB was fine but there are cracks in the frame where the top tube and seat post meet.

The local Lynskey agent has someone who does these kind of repairs.

I hope my frame can be saved.

Ouch!! Hope she can be saved! Out of interest, how far was your seatpost into the frame? 

Ouch!! Hope she can be saved! Out of interest, how far was your seatpost into the frame?

I will have to check.

It is a standard Lynskey seatpost into a medium frame and at 173cm I am on thebottom end of the frame size so this should not have been the cause of the cracks.

• 4 weeks later...

So I had a custom fork made for my Ragley TD-1 by Shaun Weber from Storm cycles in cape town. Shaun used True Temper tubing and paragon DT Swiss thru axle drop outs. 

I also got a new front wheel built up with a Paul thru axle hub by the guys at Sprocket and Jack.

I still need to save up for some Thomson bars to finish it off bike once and for all.... (hopefully)....

post-44444-0-73503900-1505370227_thumb.jpg

post-44444-0-13350100-1505370251_thumb.jpg

post-44444-0-60309100-1505370275_thumb.jpg

post-44444-0-84750900-1505370298_thumb.jpg

So I had a custom fork made for my Ragley TD-1 by Shaun Weber from Storm cycles in cape town. Shaun used True Temper tubing and paragon DT Swiss thru axle drop outs. 

I also got a new front wheel built up with a Paul thru axle hub by the guys at Sprocket and Jack.

I still need to save up for some Thomson bars to finish it off bike once and for all.... (hopefully)....

Looks amazing Dan, need to get mine on! 

Dan... Dan.... Dan.... once again, I have to say it... you build beautiful bicycles. Sheesh. Epic build.

Dan... Dan.... Dan.... once again, I have to say it... you build beautiful bicycles. Sheesh. Epic build.

Thanks Monark, appreciate the kind words.

• 4 weeks later...