Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

32x18 is nice when you going to hit the big hills , 32x19 did not really work . For most races around Pretoria 32x16 is ideal .

I'm a bit of weakling, so 32x18 for most things and 32x19 or 32x20 if there are hills.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My SS was build with what was available.  That is the reason for the big ring upfront.  I have not done any races with it, only use for training on the farm roads where it is flat and not technical at all.  I will not even think about riding technical or hilly races with that ratio.  I cannot afford a different crankset that will accommodate better chain ring options, and 120cbd is limited, so that is the reason for asking for options at the back.

32x18 is nice when you going to hit the big hills , 32x19 did not really work . For most races around Pretoria 32x16 is ideal . 

Also helps if you weigh less than a school kid like some .....

Edited by NotSoBigBen

BB plays in the means hills of the south. short steep rocky climbs. he rides a 34:20 if I remember correctly.

I am just a fun rider.

A fun rider who's just said the most important thing is getting from A to B the fastest! LOL

A fun rider who's just said the most important thing is getting from A to B the fastest! LOL

But that should be the aim for us all.