Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

We got going at around 8:30 this morning, I was having one of those days where all the lines are wrong, traction seems to be a problem, and getting power out of the legs into the pedals was but a thought with no real consequence.

post-24416-0-22724000-1617640549_thumb.jpeg
we are coming into the season where  gauteng’s make-up is coming off after a hectic summer party, and the dull dreary plainness of it all comes through. Like some-one switching on the lights of the night-club at 2 am and you go, Whoah WTF...

post-24416-0-29195100-1617640710_thumb.jpeg

sure, a little dramatic, but it sure lives up to it’s reputation of the big smoke in autumn/winter...

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

First ride with my neighbour, 106.6km, hopefully the last ride before I get my new Titan. excited!

Fantastic - did you overnight anywhere or did you smash it in one go.m? How many of you? I have done all of this route but in sections and I’m keen to do the loop but I’d need at least 2 night to enjoy 300km

We started dead on 5am and gave it a go in one shot. Stooped for a 5 star lunch at the Hungry Ghost in Uniondale, which comprised a humungous plate of chips and 2 cokes.

My mate, Robert and I rode together. All told, there were 39 participants. Truth be told, participants isn’t really the right term - you get a GPX file and off you go.

Start gate was effectively open from 5-8am...

Simply phenomenal route - so diverse that it’s nigh on impossible to describe the route!

One day you will get lost in that forest, mark my words

1st word that came to mind "Boogeyman" will catch him. [emoji3061]

We started dead on 5am and gave it a go in one shot. Stooped for a 5 star lunch at the Hungry Ghost in Uniondale, which comprised a humungous plate of chips and 2 cokes.

My mate, Robert and I rode together. All told, there were 39 participants. Truth be told, participants isn’t really the right term - you get a GPX file and off you go.

Start gate was effectively open from 5-8am...

Simply phenomenal route - so diverse that it’s nigh on impossible to describe the route!

Very impressive well done - I’m going to give it a bash soon, really soon but I’ll have to overnight - I don’t like to ride in the dark. Besides I couldn’t do 300km in one go

Let us know your gravel set up sometime

Very impressive well done - I’m going to give it a bash soon, really soon but I’ll have to overnight - I don’t like to ride in the dark. Besides I couldn’t do 300km in one go

Let us know your gravel set up sometime

I don't even have the "don't like to ride in the dark" excuse  :blush:

Did a nice 100 km on the Easter Monday.  The day did not start off that cold but was glad my riding buddy convinced me to get my lazy butt out of bed earlier and start earlier.  We had this cold front approaching so the wind was going to pick up at some point. It was a lovely morning with clear skies but then in the last 20 km that wind arrived and boy did it arrive.  Smacked you in the face.  As we entered our home town, old people who were still on their bikes got of and started pushing their bikes.  But it was a nice ride.  Woke up this morning with everything covered in snow again.

post-71-0-24318900-1617690253_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-19921500-1617690266_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-35408800-1617690285_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-39420400-1617690302_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-39207400-1617690313_thumb.jpg

Relive video for those that are interrested...

https://www.relive.cc/view/vrqDQxP39wv

No pics unfortunately.

I planned to do some bug mileage this weekend, for once we were not working on any of the holidays so I had a full 4 days. But we all know what they say about the best laid plans.

Thursday morning before work - My usual 27km Loop

Friday morning - 40km Out and back

Friday after noon - 3.5km with my daughters. A storm came out of no where at the furthest point from home, we got totally drenched. 

Saturday was supposed to be Big Red Barn, but both my eldest daughter and myself woke up with a stomach bug. By the afternoon I was feeling a bit better so took the youngest for a loop around the neighbourhood again.

I also did some bike tinkering and landed up stuffing up my front brakes. I now need to either source a bleeding kit and mineral oil or take my bike in.

Sunday morning I woke up feeling a little flat and the weather was not particularly inviting. Decided to skip the early morning ride.

Kids hunted easter eggs, we had breakfast but I was feeling anxious. If I went to sit on the couch I knew that I'd stay there the entire day, I did not want that. So I did something very unlike me, I went for a late morning ride.

Decided to just cruise around and explore. Did 40km of riding and felt really great after wards.

Monday was Big Red Barn day. We went for the kiddies route 4, we must have missed a turn somewhere as we came out by the finish having only done 2.5km, so we went again. Second time around the kids had a blast up until my wifes seat post clamp let go in a big way. I could not do a trail side repair as it looks like the threads in the quick release stripped.

On friday I took the SR71 out on a little 71km out and return via the circus - what a magic little stopover spot!

post-176046-0-41017700-1617693261_thumb.jpg

She does blend in well, yes? 

post-176046-0-18957400-1617693315_thumb.jpg

... packed her trunk and said goodbye to the circus

Off she went with a trumpety trump, trump trump trump   :whistling: 

also spent the day there yesterday. didnt get to ride all that much though

We cut it short yesterday. It was day 4 of trail park hopping in GP and I had nothing left in my legs. 

We normally do between 35km and 40km at RB but yesterday was just a normal #2 for 22km. 

Still a great ride though. 

We cut it short yesterday. It was day 4 of trail park hopping in GP and I had nothing left in my legs. 

We normally do between 35km and 40km at RB but yesterday was just a normal #2 for 22km. 

Still a great ride though. 

I wanted to go again and do a longer loop after we fed the kids, but they wanted to do acrobranch, since they could not do the same acrobranch course because of their age difference it required me to supervise one whilst the wife supervised the other.

by the time they were done I was spent.