Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Massa and the Williams are looking pretty handy in the second test do far. Strange they have him running on consecutive days. Maybe no confidence in Stroll (or lack of spare parts)

Seems to me when a sportsman / woman these days declare their retirement in an emotional farewell, they clearly don't mean it. More like, it's the end of season, but see you guys next year...

Schumi, Sauser, Matfield...the list goes on. 

It's more like the smell of money is too strong to resist the urge.

He actually didn't want to go. No seat was available for the 2017 season at Williams, and he didn't want to take a Manor drive. Then Rosberg retired and Massa was willing to take Bottas' seat. I don't blame him at all.

Seems to me when a sportsman / woman these days declare their retirement in an emotional farewell, they clearly don't mean it. More like, it's the end of season, but see you guys next year...

Schumi, Sauser, Matfield...the list goes on. 

It's more like the smell of money is too strong to resist the urge.

Rosburg, win it and then retire?

Yip

He's scared

Agreed, deep down he knows if it wasn't for mechanical interventions he would never have won, so instead of becoming another one hit wonder he left while being champ. So kudo's to him.

Agreed, deep down he knows if it wasn't for mechanical interventions he would never have won, so instead of becoming another one hit wonder he left while being champ. So kudo's to him.

Ja, that sux that Rosberg left, because now Hamilton's already massively inflated ego and head is going to get even bigger...pity (#can'tstandhamilton).

I like this

http://www.grandprix247.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/jm1714ma01-001.jpg

Going to be interesting to see what their race suits look like.

What my little brain does not understand, and please educate me here hubbers. But why are Mcclaren using Honda engines? Honda are currently building the most boring dreadfull old people cars I have ever seen. Even the civic type R with all its wings and stickers and red seats gets destroyed by the Focus RS and Golf R. Mcclaren have been building road cars for a long time, think the Mclaren F1, Mp4 12-c, 650s, and the new P1. Which uses a hybrid electric powertrain similar to F1. To my knowledge, Honda have only recently developed that with the new NSX, but its nowhere near the 1000hp levels of the P1. Why cant Mcclaren build their own engines, surely with the hypercars they are producing they have more hope than Honda.

What my little brain does not understand, and please educate me here hubbers. But why are Mcclaren using Honda engines? Honda are currently building the most boring dreadfull old people cars I have ever seen. Even the civic type R with all its wings and stickers and red seats gets destroyed by the Focus RS and Golf R. Mcclaren have been building road cars for a long time, think the Mclaren F1, Mp4 12-c, 650s, and the new P1. Which uses a hybrid electric powertrain similar to F1. To my knowledge, Honda have only recently developed that with the new NSX, but its nowhere near the 1000hp levels of the P1. Why cant Mcclaren build their own engines, surely with the hypercars they are producing they have more hope than Honda.

I'm pretty certain a Formula 1 engine isn't as simple to build as a hypercar engine. Also,

Reports emerged this week of McLaren sounding out the possibility of switching to customer Mercedes engines as the crack begin to form in its partnership with Honda having signed with the Japanese manufacturer in 2015. 

They have a contract with Honda, and we don't know whether there is an escape clause in said contract.

Edit: They probably also built their entire chassis to suit the Honda powertrain, it's not as simple as undoing a few bolts and slapping in a new engine.

Edited by bertusras

Agree with you. But surely, they are building spectacular supercars and hypercars. Honda are building awfull econo boxes?