Bottelary Hills MTB Trails

Hellwarp

Just for clarification - who is considered to qualify for a pensioner permit? Tygerberg MTB Club for example considers people 60 or over as pensioners.

Yes over 60's only.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LeoKnight

LeoKnight
  • photo-thumb-65102.png?_r=1484559353
  •  

Posted Today, 20:36

I REALLY enjoy Yellow / Blue / Green, but have not yet done the orange one, how would describe it?  

Orange route is for beginners only - flat jeep track and farm roads.

• 2 months later...

There is a bush fire on the Fish Eagle single track  - will investigate tomorrow (Monday) and give feedback.  In the meantime please do  not ride the yellow route until further notice.  

There is a bush fire on the Fish Eagle single track  - will investigate tomorrow (Monday) and give feedback.  In the meantime please do  not ride the yellow route until further notice.  

Hope the damage is limited, all the best with the fire fighting efforts. 

Please note that the Fish Eagle single track (yellow route) has been diverted after the "river" section below the dam wall due to fire damage on the rest of the trail.  Please follow the temporary signage (red arrows on yellow background) until further notice.  

• 4 weeks later...

Trail notice: Hazendal will be closed for major renovations during which no Bottelary Hills MTB permits will be sold at Hazendal. You can still park and start your ride from there. Permits must be bought at the Engen garage at Soneike Shopping Centre next to Bottelary road. An alternative option is to buy your permit at Zevenwacht and start your ride from there.

Today was my first time at Bottelary Hills MTB Trails and was a blast. Although we did not have time to ride to full route due to my riding partner not feeling well, it was still a good ride. Scenes are is so beautiful. From valleys to woods and flowing single track (rain helped a lot). Was nice to have a different track for a change.

Definitely going back to do the red and yellow track next time!

http://i.imgur.com/UjIXcyY.jpg

TRAIL NOTICE: "The good, the bad and the ugly"

The good news is the Ribbokkop bush fire has been put out once again (touch wood). The bad news is we have no choice but to detour the Ribbok singletrack to get around the burnt area. The ugly news is that we not sure how long it will be before we can get in to do a repair.

Ribbok singletrack has been repaired and is open for riding.  The extension section on the top however will remain closed, as we need to rebuild most of that section. 

Ribbok singletrack has been repaired and is open for riding. The extension section on the top however will remain closed, as we need to rebuild most of that section.

Thanks for the good news, and here is hoping for some good rain to help with the build and repairs

Today was my first time at Bottelary Hills MTB Trails and was a blast. Although we did not have time to ride to full route due to my riding partner not feeling well, it was still a good ride. Scenes are is so beautiful. From valleys to woods and flowing single track (rain helped a lot). Was nice to have a different track for a change.

Definitely going back to do the red and yellow track next time!

http://i.imgur.com/UjIXcyY.jpg

More of the same awaits you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! Just want to find out if it is safe to ride these trails alone during the day, weekdays between 10:00 - 13:00? Planning to do a ride there soon but just curious to find out

Hi everyone! Just want to find out if it is safe to ride these trails alone during the day, weekdays between 10:00 - 13:00? Planning to do a ride there soon but just curious to find out

Yes it is totally safe. I ride alone most of the time all hours of the day and never felt unsafe once.

It might be safe, but still, riding alone is not really a good idea. I had a trip to the ER during one of my solo jaunts once, and I was not in a good way at the time, and had to wait for assistance. It took about an hour before someone came along...it was not fun.

• 3 weeks later...