I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

Same science teacher walked around the lab, turning on all the gas lines that were there for the bunsen burners, as he was talking to us. Just very surreptitiously. Went to the door, opened it and walked out, closing it behind him. 

Said - BTW - this is semi poisonous, so I want you to see what happens if you're a dipshit and think you're clever by turning one of these on one day... Let's see who drops first...

We took (led by our science teacher) a black bag filled with hydrogen and placed it under a raised stormwater drain inlet while the rest of the school was in assembly. He took a hockey stick and taped a match to the end of it...

KABOOOOOOOOOM! 

Stormwater drain cover goes up, and up, and up. 

Several seconds later, a scream of CHIIIIPS!!!! as it started coming down.

He left the school at the end of that year... 

our science teacher was rather boring .... but we did make her cry in class, a couple of times......

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

our science teacher was rather boring .... but we did make her cry in class, a couple of times......

I made an English teacher think she was losing her mind - genuinely.

I sat right in the front of the class by her desk and I took a whole pile of identical worksheets and I put one in the middle of her desk, she saw it and put it away, and every time she turned around I put another one in exactly the same place.

She caught me after about a week. If she hadn't she might be occupying a padded room to this day :P

that warm fuzzy feeling you get when your wife sends you a message saying she found a whole lot of beers in the garage that was stored away over December and forgotten about :) .... got to love that women!

i hope she remembered to put them in the fridge this time, then no-one will forget about them  :ph34r:

i hope she remembered to put them in the fridge this time, then no-one will forget about them  :ph34r:

no need to have to tell her about such trivial things :) ... December got a little out of hand because her brother brought a large stock to keep / use at our place, so a couple of beers "got lost" in the garage

Edited by Hairy

Meet Piper, the Border collie who helps herd birds and wildlife away from aircraft

post-182-0-28744100-1456928283_thumb.png

post-182-0-74873500-1456928267_thumb.png

https://youtu.be/oN1g3Emt3K8

http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/dog-airport-bird-chaser

Birds and other wildlife are notorious for causing problems at airports, often known to fly over runways and strike aircraft. But one Michigan airport has discovered the most adorable of solutions: a border collie named Piper who patrols runways in a ski mask and boots.

In late 2014, Traverse City’s Cherry Capital Airport brought Piper aboard as its new K-9 unit, designated to seek out and chase away the birds that sometimes congregate at the airport. Federal regulations require all airports to have a plan to fend away wildlife, mostly using methods like pyrotechnics, traps, and sirens. But as Mlive reported last year, Piper’s owner and trainer Brian Edwards—an airport operations supervisor—saw potential in the seven-year-old border collie to contribute. He’s now the only Wildlife Control K-9 on staff at an airport in Michigan, the airport claims, and one of only a handful in the United States.

The Cherry Capital Airport’s operations director Dan Sal told Mlive that Piper has been better than pyrotechnics at keeping wildlife away since the snowy owls he chases “seem to remember” him and stay away. “Though rare, dogs are one of the most effective methods of wildlife mitigation at airports,” the airport writes on its website, noting that it’s perhaps the most proactive of approaches. Piper’s list of duties include responding to reports of wildlife on the airfield and chasing them off, checking the airport’s perimeter fence for holes, and conducting routine patrols to keep away rodents and small animals that attract birds to the airfield. He works four 10-hour shifts a week (with “plenty of breaks” during those shifts).

And now with his own Instagram account, Facebook page, and website, Piper has captured the hearts of Redditors and dog lovers around the world thanks to his amazing abilities to look cool wearing safety goggles and to stand tall amid the loud noises of the runway. Edwards explains on the K-9 team’s website that he trained Piper to get used to aircraft noise—and that Piper wears earmuffs designed especially for dogs to keep his ears safe.

Unfortunately, even with the proper protection, guarding an airport runway is a dangerous job. The Daily Mail reports that Piper suffered a fracture late last year while chasing a snowy owl on the taxiway and was temporarily reassigned to Chief Morale Officer while in a cast. Now, though, it looks like he might be getting back to work soon: Piper’s Instagram account announced yesterday that his cast has been removed and he is starting the road to recovery. So keep Piper in both your thoughts and your Instagram feed.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/Feeds/2016/03/02/1288062_1054188.jpg/RESIZED/Small/1288062_1054188.jpg

http://www.timeslive.co.za/Feeds/2016/03/02/1288062_1054188.jpg/RESIZED/Small/1288062_1054188.jpg

Very sexy....makes my voting decision an easy one......

Edited by BarHugger