• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

LOVE this. Increasingly thinking that this is the way to go. Minimal shaite, just all you need in a single spot. Go anywhere. Do anything. No rent, no electrickery. Gym contract for showers etc. Minimalism for the win. 

Lekker if you haven't got any other responsibilities, like putting a child through school :ph34r:

Edit: it would be my ideal plan for retirement though.

Edited by HyruleWarrior80

Lekker if you haven't got any other responsibilities, like putting a child through school :ph34r:

LOL. Funny, that. Take him along with me on adventures, ensuring that he's always got schooling covered... I've been thinking alot about that lately. He's with me on 5 nights every 2 weeks, 3 of those on the weekend. 

Not to say he doesn't have schooling covered, but freeing up an extra 10k a month or so would help a bit! 

LOL. Funny, that. Take him along with me on adventures, ensuring that he's always got schooling covered... I've been thinking alot about that lately. He's with me on 5 nights every 2 weeks, 3 of those on the weekend. 

Not to say he doesn't have schooling covered, but freeing up an extra 10k a month or so would help a bit! 

school fees, its an issue.

But, at a recent school function had a chat with the headmaster. His insights were brilliant. His basic take was that the current school model at junior and primary school is getting outdated and needs to change.

It should not longer focus on "teaching" information, but skill sets. Teach skills and the rest will follow. The basic premise being how do you teach kids for careers that dont yet exist, or will change within the next 5 yrs. And in that moment I realised my the school fees were worth it.

If your lad can blog and program and ride a bike. His life will be fine.

school fees, its an issue.

But, at a recent school function had a chat with the headmaster. His insights were brilliant. His basic take was that the current school model at junior and primary school is getting outdated and needs to change.

It should not longer focus on "teaching" information, but skill sets. Teach skills and the rest will follow. The basic premise being how do you teach kids for careers that dont yet exist, or will change within the next 5 yrs. And in that moment I realised my the school fees were worth it.

If your lad can blog and program and ride a bike. His life will be fine.

except that our illustrious now feels that making history compulsory to matric is a good idea.

except that our illustrious now feels that making history compulsory to matric is a good idea.

Who's history will be taught? or out of who's point of view?