I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

Uuuhhhh, okay.

Do you think that ISIL approves of this video? It seems like the message might have gotten lost in translation.

Dude. You're reading into it that which was not implied. And you know you are... 

Message is essentially to tell people to strive for that which society tells them is impossible. Not immoral. 

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude. You're reading into it that which was not implied. And you know you are... 

Message is essentially to tell people to strive for that which society tells them is impossible. Not immoral. 

Sure, I do know that, however.

"Keep your head down."

"Follow the rules."

"Do as you're told."

"Play it safe."

"Wait your turn."

"Ask permission."

"Learn to compromise."

"This is terrible advice."

I, honestly, I can't even. Maybe I was raised differently, but that does not agree with me.

I, honestly, I can't even. Maybe I was raised differently, but that does not agree with me.

while i look at each of those sentences and think they are all bull ****. Think for yourself. make your own decisions. 

i agree and disagree.

there is time and place for these to be followed and time and place not to be followed.

like if you get told you cant drive a car until you are 18 or being told you cant do the Cape Town Cycle Tour because you your Dad thinks its a bad idea.

It doesn't mean "never follow the rules" or "never do as you're told".

It means do it because you think it's a good idea, not just because somebody tells you to do it.

Extreme examples are during WW2 or Apartheid, where the rules were wrong and you should have challenged the people who were in charge and telling you what to do.

When the rules make sense, of course you should follow them, like here you drive on the left side of the road and in the US you drive on the right.

The main thing, really, is to realise that you need to think for yourself: In many countries homosexuality is not just considered a sin, but also illegal. This is a rule that I consider wrong and I think the people who want you to keep your head down and obey are wrong.