I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

No sure where to post this, but yoh! It was funny.

Sacha Baron Cohen is the most amazing storyteller. I really thought he would be the most awesome Freddie Mercury.  Brian May disagreed

Cohen, however, said he understood why the surviving members of Queen wanted a more PG-rated version of the film that vaunted the band’s legacy. But the actor also admitted he should’ve known from his first meeting with the band that creative differences would arise.

“A member of the band, I won’t say who, he said, ‘This is such a great movie because it’s got such an amazing thing that happens in the middle of the movie,'” Cohen recalled. “I go, ‘What happens in the middle of the movie?’ He goes, ‘Freddie dies.'” While Cohen assumed the band meant the film would be structured non-linearly like Pulp Fiction, he soon realized that they wanted the second half of the film to focus on how Queen carried on after Mercury’s death in 1991.

Despite that inauspicious meeting, Cohen continued to work on the movie for several years. He even brought in various big-name filmmakers that didn’t pan out with the band, including screenwriter Peter Morgan (Frost/NixonThe Queen) and directors David Fincher and Tom Hooper. “At the end of the day it really was an artistic difference,” Cohen said.

Cohen was first linked to the Mercury biopic in 2010 and dropped out in 2013. That same year,Queen guitarist Brian May explained the split by saying that the band “felt that [Cohen’s] presence in the movie would be very distracting… The man who plays Freddie, you have to really believe is Freddie. And we didn’t think that could really happen with Sacha.”

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming through! c41f4147a1a9c8835aa07944e19716cc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Majka is so lucky Naesen wasn't riding with disk brakes. Imagine the damage that would have caused.

34728356_10157354123668539_8361272903982

The roadie in me wants to ride up it, the mountain biker in me wants to ride down it.

So on balance, I will just sit on my donkey and look at the screen while pretending to work.

The roadie in me wants to ride up it, the mountain biker in me wants to ride down it.

So on balance, I will just sit on my donkey and look at the screen while pretending to work.

Ride your road bike to the top then get your missus to hand you your mtb (fitted with faaaat slicks) and smash it down!

road in me, ride up sure..

Now the Mountain biker in me looks at it and says there needs to be a bush line 

as indicated

post-12682-0-85078300-1531986180_thumb.jpg

I know the engineer who died. It is very sad, and he was a good man. 

It would have been his last flight before retirement. 

Shame man. Being in the aviation field this hit home hard. Was he sitting in the cockpit? From the pictures I saw of the cabin I was surprised there was only 1 fatality.