I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

If you are going to pay students to go to universities, the so too should you pay them to go to tech or colleges 

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going to pay students to go to universities, the so too should you pay them to go to tech or colleges 

Almost all higher education in Denmark is free.

The "forever" student is a bit of a myth. it averages between 1-2%. Last year was 1.7% if memory serves.

Hospitals and doctors are also free.

Some of those nothern countries allow, correct me if i am wrong. Your first child free, hospital, education etc. Every child after that costs more and and more.

Some of those nothern countries allow, correct me if i am wrong. Your first child free, hospital, education etc. Every child after that costs more and and more.

I can only speak for Denmark. Nothing changes after child one.

Hospital, doctors, nursery school, primary school, high school higher education is free.

Tons of other free stuff like social/sports centres, job assistance, relocation assistance, start up assistance etc. Hell there is even jazz week in summer with free concerts all over the city.

Just need to sort out the weather. More free sun would be a winner!

I can only speak for Denmark. Nothing changes after child one.

Hospital, doctors, nursery school, primary school, high school higher education is free.

Tons of other free stuff like social/sports centres, job assistance, relocation assistance, start up assistance etc. Hell there is even jazz week in summer with free concerts all over the city.

Just need to sort out the weather. More free sun would be a winner!

How about free taxes? :ph34r:

How about free taxes? :ph34r:

Fair question.

But when you calculate the amount of stealth tax we pay in SA (school fees, medical aid, security, bailouts, etc.) then I think Denmark's tax rate becomes a non-issue.

And they're really high on the Happiness Index, so it can't be that bad, can it?

Fair question.

But when you calculate the amount of stealth tax we pay in SA (school fees, medical aid, security, bailouts, etc.) then I think Denmark's tax rate becomes a non-issue.

And they're really high on the Happiness Index, so it can't be that bad, can it?

Oooh, I know, this is tax month for me, on top of all those other extortionary taxes (better made-up word for stealth taxes) :cursing: