• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Friends of ours here in Spain have an old Landy. They bought it second hand when they got here because they needed something to pull a trailer and "do work". I hate to think how much they've spent on it so far, thousands .  . . . and Euros, not Rands, 

The last big job was after something went wrong and one (possibly more) of the pistons melted and fused with the engine block. I saw the engine when it was opened up and the middle of it was just a blob.

They're currently in the "we've spent so much on it so far, we can't stop now or it will all have been a waste" stage of life . . . 

Edited by Bonus

Since this is the "Awesome" thread........

The Landy people are awesome, a bit crazy, definitely a little fanatic, very passionate. The picture is my rear view mirror once when we were part of the longest convoy of any car make and set a new Guinness World record. We met Kingsley Holgate at Cape Point when he departed for his round the outside of Africa expedition to wish him well and drove in convoy along the Atlantic (Argus 2nd half) to Cape Town. I don't recall how many Landies were involved, but when we crested Chapmans Peak, I could still see the tail end of the convoy come through Kommetjie.

post-17716-0-46153600-1586331650_thumb.jpg

The Landy people are awesome, a bit crazy, definitely a little fanatic, very passionate. The picture is my rear view mirror once when we were part of the longest convoy of any car make and set a new Guinness World record. We met Kingsley Holgate at Cape Point when he departed for his round the outside of Africa expedition to wish him well and drove in convoy along the Atlantic (Argus 2nd half) to Cape Town. I don't recall how many Landies were involved, but when we crested Chapmans Peak, I could still see the tail end of the convoy come through Kommetjie.

You know what they call a group of Landies?

A slick of Landies...

More awesome pictures of my ufudu (tortoise) doing awesome stuff, going awesome places, leaving awesome insignificant drops of oil far and wide......This one at a place called Verneuk Pan in the Northern Cape

post-17716-0-27816100-1586333934_thumb.jpg

Is that the queue to refill the oil or to fix the broken landy?

Were these pictures at every breakdown or did you skip some of them to save storage space on the camera.........

Touching wood........but the only breakdown I've had in about 600 000 km was 20 km from home. On the N1 highway on Plattekloof. I could literally see home. Front propshaft U joint broke. D and I took 10 minutes to remove it and drive home in 2 wheel drive. Learnt something from it though. Keep off the highways!  ;)  

http://media.giphy.com/media/vTt4ZSQzmvu6c/giphy.gif

Jeez - It's hardly Parkour is it???  :eek:

Muppet.