I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

that was true until simon Cowell got involved...

You are probably right  :blush:, but then I did say "great societies" so perhaps.............. ;)

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are both right. Except one is talking about the music and the other the musician. The songs are art and the singers are fallible humans

I think you are both right. Except one is talking about the music and the other the musician. The songs are art and the singers are fallible humans

do the fallible humans spirit and soul not live on with their music if they are still able to "touch you" generations later?

Both just trying to make a living.

Humans are fickle, and the amount of "why are you forcing me to write music when I don't feel like it, songs out there are telling."

Korn - Y'all want a single

FFDP - Jekyll and Hyde

Those are the ones that spring to mind, but I have heard some other references before.

do the fallible humans spirit and soul not live on with their music if they are still able to "touch you" generations later?

For sure. But a lot of them I think their songs are great but I don't necessarily think they as people are great. If it is possible to disassociate the two I don't know.

musicians / actors / celebrities - they take themselves and their profession too seriously.

“When kids look up to great scientists the way they do to great musicians and actors, civilization will jump to the next level”

― Brian Greene

No doubt that the arts play a significant role in society, but it does bother me when artists etc stray well and truly out of their lane, and I do wish great minds were appreciated on matters of their expertise rather than someone who is cool.

I hope I’m able to teach my children to select their roll models and influencers for each aspect of their lives more selectively than some do.

No doubt that the arts play a significant role in society, but it does bother me when artists etc stray well and truly out of their lane, and I do wish great minds were appreciated on matters of their expertise rather than someone who is cool.

I hope I’m able to teach my children to select their roll models and influencers for each aspect of their lives more selectively than some do.

is this your ideal kind of roll model?

au2Bdl9EFoxuLKT5B0N283KLslCxkCqxg8H3Cxmx

Edited by Shebeen

Some people DO things, others talk about doing things. He sure DID stuff and then some!  :thumbup:

Imagine doing all that stuff and coming out alive at the other end.

Jeremy Clarkson.

Thanks

Not quite a roll model as a hooman bean, but my son recently discovered Top Gear and it’s really sparked an interest in cars and engineering with him which is great.

The mix of information and silliness appeals to him [emoji1]