I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

I was feeling a little blue - made a lino reduction print in 4 colours - it's like meditation - feeling great again!

This is really good, I really like this!

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Yip

musicians / actors / celebrities - they take themselves and their profession too seriously.

“When kids look up to great scientists the way they do to great musicians and actors, civilization will jump to the next level”

Brian Greene

musicians / actors / celebrities - they take themselves and their profession too seriously.

“When kids look up to great scientists the way they do to great musicians and actors, civilization will jump to the next level”

― Brian Greene

You are correct.

However. Music has an emotional connection (like Barbie girl makes me want to weep for society) and therefore it could be used as a powerful way to get a message across.

When teenager/s young adults stop believing their parents know everything, and start feeling that they are not understood (generalizing here) they often find that certain music resonates with them. 

You can not only focus on science for the betterment of man, understanding emotions and how we react to them is equally important. Music can help with this, or it can go the opposite direction (like any mass produced pop crap)

The nature of a true musician is one that stems from emotions, they do easily become swept up in the importance of them "saying" how they feel, and finding support for those feelings. 

It would be better to disregard emotions completely, but then we have to give up all other manner of modern society, and return to just before we found caves and fire to offer better shelter and safety, than swinging from the trees...

You are correct.

However. Music has an emotional connection (like Barbie girl makes me want to weep for society) and therefore it could be used as a powerful way to get a message across.

When teenager/s young adults stop believing their parents know everything, and start feeling that they are not understood (generalizing here) they often find that certain music resonates with them. 

You can not only focus on science for the betterment of man, understanding emotions and how we react to them is equally important. Music can help with this, or it can go the opposite direction (like any mass produced pop crap)

The nature of a true musician is one that stems from emotions, they do easily become swept up in the importance of them "saying" how they feel, and finding support for those feelings. 

It would be better to disregard emotions completely, but then we have to give up all other manner of modern society, and return to just before we found caves and fire to offer better shelter and safety, than swinging from the trees...

I'm just not that into music - I could easily live without it.

Fekking kids of today....

But you have a point. I'm just going to ignore it because I'm a grumpy git, so there.

But you have a point. I'm just going to ignore it because I'm a grumpy git, so there.

I think you need some calming tunes to soothe the savage beast...

― Brian Greene

You are correct.

100% ... when science cqn touch the soul like good music or art then we can talk again

I need music like I need air to breathe 

The great societies in of the past wrote their history in various ways:

In what they wrote

In what they built

In their arts

You cannot understand them fully unless you examine all three,

But the most truthful of the three is always the arts! 

(I include music with the arts)

Bit of Monday philosophy! Feel free to agree or disagree. 

Edited by DJR

The great societies in of the past wrote their history in various ways:

In what they wrote

In what they built

In their arts

You cannot understand them fully unless you examine all three,

But the most truthful of the three is always the arts! 

(I include music with the arts)

Bit of Monday philosophy! Feel free to agree or disagree. 

that was true until simon Cowell got involved...