Introduce yourself

Bianchisti

Hi everyone

I'm Matthew from Kloof. I grew up on a mountain bike (mostly in Lesotho) and now i'm in Kloof KZN. After a long break i'm getting back into riding and also accidentally into bike maintenance as i've had to build up from lots of parts.

Welcome!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Desmond from Cape Town. Been browsing this site for a few weeks. Just bought my first bike in 15 years after teaching my kids to ride and taking them to the bike park ( they were having too much fun without me). Also just signed my whole family up with Tygerberg Mountain Bike Club for 2018. The bug has bitten.

Hi bought my first roadbike after more than 20 years. Its a vintage steel frame Battaglin. In an era where everyone rides carbon and aliminium I am worried that I won't keep up in group ride. Determined to get bike fit though and learn every day.

Hi bought my first roadbike after more than 20 years. Its a vintage steel frame Battaglin. In an era where everyone rides carbon and aliminium I am worried that I won't keep up in group ride. Determined to get bike fit though and learn every day.

Contrary to popular belief, it's the legs that count, not the bike. I'm sure you'll keep up.

Hi Brian . Welcome. Think of it this way. How good it will feel to kick some ass on your vintage bike. Many people think you can buy yourself into a good rider. Let your legs do the talking. Enjoy! Edited by Vetseun

Hi guys,

I'm new here. From Pretoria and Joburg (born/live PTA, work JHB). Afrikaans and weighing in at 136kg's at the moment ;) What other info do you want? :P

Bought myself a Momsen RX292 in December as a start. Rode 3 or 4 times in and around Plett on holiday, and then had my first 10km race last week (USN MTB Cup Event #1) with a time of 43:40. And then on Sunday, rode the Value Logistics Fast One (49km) in a time of 2:13:41.

Must say, really enjoyed it.

Hope to eventually meet some of you at the races and hopefully, learn a lot from these forums.

What's the general feel around Momsen bikes. I literally bought it because it looked nice and didn't cost an arm and a leg and half my house.

Hi guys,

I'm new here. From Pretoria and Joburg (born/live PTA, work JHB). Afrikaans and weighing in at 136kg's at the moment ;) What other info do you want? :P

Bought myself a Momsen RX292 in December as a start. Rode 3 or 4 times in and around Plett on holiday, and then had my first 10km race last week (USN MTB Cup Event #1) with a time of 43:40. And then on Sunday, rode the Value Logistics Fast One (49km) in a time of 2:13:41.

Must say, really enjoyed it.

Hope to eventually meet some of you at the races and hopefully, learn a lot from these forums.

What's the general feel around Momsen bikes. I literally bought it because it looked nice and didn't cost an arm and a leg and half my house.

Welcome and have fun!!!

Contrary to popular belief, it's the legs that count, not the bike. I'm sure you'll keep up.

Thanks I am runner so the bike fitness can't be too far away

Hi Brian . Welcome. Think of it this way. How good it will feel to kick some ass on your vintage bike. Many people think you can buy yourself into a good rider. Let your legs do the talking. Enjoy!

Thanks! My mate said the exact same. Looking forward to a new lifestyle.

Welcome Brian77,

I also ride vintage steel and I'm faster than some(usually moderately fit & non competitive) male and female cyclists on much better bikes. I don't think the bike matters unless you're going to be competitive. For most It's mainly about fitness, the enjoyment of the ride and that unmistakeable feel good factor you get from a fun ride.

Enjoy your steel bike , she will serve you long and well on the road to fitness.

Welcome Brian77,

I also ride vintage steel and I'm faster than some(usually moderately fit & non competitive) male and female cyclists on much better bikes. I don't think the bike matters unless you're going to be competitive. For most It's mainly about fitness, the enjoyment of the ride and that unmistakeable feel good factor you get from a fun ride.

Enjoy your steel bike , she will serve you long and well on the road to fitness.

Thanks! I intend to restore her to her former glory. She is in good shape. Just need the magic of a bicycle sprayer to customize her. Happy riding!

Hi Guys, Jarrod From Cape Town, I've been browsing the forums from time to time and do some casual MTB riding every now and then.

I decided to join to ask for some advice from the gurus here on the forum. My last bike got stolen about a year ago so I haven't had a bike for quite some time. A few nights ago my buddy was cleaning out his garage and offered me a bike he was getting ready to dump. He doesn't have much info on the bike but mentioned it needs alot of work.

Could anyone maybe identify this bike, I tried searching for DH Tension but not getting much info.

UMsmiWB.jpg

Once I've identified the make and model, I'd then be able to do some decent research before I try to restore. I'd also be able to gauge if refurbishing would even make financial sense. :blink:

Thanks Guys, would appreciate any info/help

Welcome to the Hub, PistolJay

I'm no expert in fact I'm quite the newbie when it comes to bikes but after some searching I found that the bike itself was made by Xtension bikes, and the model is the Xtreme. Xtension was a company based out of Germany (as evident from the only link I could find to their now dead website) but it seems that they're no longer running. I did notice that some of the later bikes had the brand Azonic who seem to no longer make any frames but do sell their own mtb parts. Perhaps they were bought over or changed branding.

Anyways that's just me messing around on the internet and I hope that it helps in some way.

Edit: The bike's model under Azonic was the Recoil.

Edited by Sh3zaad