Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

That Malachite is a beauty and the light creating that golden lining on the cheetah is  :thumbup:

Thanks Andrew.  Chasing that special light makes it soo much more exciting, the Cheetah images are special, that's taken on Madikwe which only have 4 Cheetah on the entire reserve [4 brothers]. Well its 5 now as they are introducing a female.

Never thought I would say this but I actually miss living in JHB to an extent, my photography time has taken a big drop as DBN really doesn't have much to offer.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few random images.  Some done with my Nikon D800 and a few with my older D300s.  Last is just my Nikon 35mm collection, have quite a few more but love the nostalgia of them.

Nice collection of equipment, but you need to put that D800 to work buddy. Great camera with good dynamic range.  Just a note, watch your horizons on the seascapes, they tilting quite a bit.

sorry for flooding this page with pics. A few more, last batch for today.

Check the detail on the last pic, Malachite Kingfisher at Marievale, shot with Canon 5D3 + 400L/5.6.

post-67394-0-13386600-1437128642_thumb.jpg

post-67394-0-07366600-1437128671_thumb.jpg

post-67394-0-45204300-1437128704_thumb.jpg

post-67394-0-91782100-1437128710_thumb.jpg

post-67394-0-79228400-1437128767_thumb.jpg

post-67394-0-39604900-1437128776_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vivek B

It is always special to spot one of these, even if they don't wait for the light to be just right! I suppose the secret is to have a camera at the ready all the time and to have the luck of the devil!

post-17716-0-11216600-1437131522_thumb.jpg

Guest notmyname

Just a few random images. Some done with my Nikon D800 and a few with my older D300s. Last is just my Nikon 35mm collection, have quite a few more but love the nostalgia of them.

Love the worsies.

It is always special to spot one of these, even if they don't wait for the light to be just right! I suppose the secret is to have a camera at the ready all the time and to have the luck of the devil!

That's why I find good photos of them so amazing. Its so difficult just to see one, and the light is inevitably not right when you do... 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm no expert in the slightest but i often see photos that i think are "over processed" - not in terms of photoshop but all the tricks these gurus know. But i saw this guy's work - and now I get it.

Take a look at @za5's Tweet:

and

I'm no expert in the slightest but i often see photos that i think are "over processed" - not in terms of photoshop but all the tricks these gurus know. But i saw this guy's work - and now I get it.

and

Do you feel those pictures are "over processed" Uni?