zeabre

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it was a little wet and windy this morning in CT  :eek:

what do you mean ?  :w00t:

Only gale force winds .... thunder and lightning .... hale in some areas, and even snow on various roads - YES, snow in Cape Town .....  :wacko:   GLAD I have the option to chose my wheels for the day ...

Another 50 minutes and I will be commuting home on the bicycle  :clap:   :clap:  may be a tad chilly tomorrow morning ....  :huh:

what do you mean ?  :w00t:

Only gale force winds .... thunder and lightning .... hale in some areas, and even snow on various roads - YES, snow in Cape Town .....  :wacko:   GLAD I have the option to chose my wheels for the day ...

Another 50 minutes and I will be commuting home on the bicycle  :clap:   :clap:  may be a tad chilly tomorrow morning ....  :huh:

ok, so it was a little fresh :P

RESPECT to those that commuted this morning !!

Even at 16:00 the air had a chill ....

Was strange cycling in the sun light, while avoiding the wet patches on the road from the earlier rain .....

Steadily pushing my limits, improving my personal times .... despite losing time at two spots due to negotiating the afternoon traffic I still managed an average 19km/h, including a number of climbs ....

let's see what tomorrow morning feels like .... gaan trek sommer nou al n trui aan ..

word on the street is that Wednesday is going to be the coldest day for CT this year.

one of our commuters forgot his gloves this evening .... was funny watching him squirm and making comments/jokes about his poor life choices of forgetting his gloves :P

what an amazing evening to cycle home, a spectacular sunset and cloud formations.

I did my first commute last Friday 4 months after my bad crash... still scary how much damage a car can potentially do to a cyclist. I enjoyed the commute not having to worry about how bad traffic may be.

My fitness isn't too bad after 1.5 months back on the bike... 2.5 months in ICU & rehab is probably the longest break I ever had from sport... almost feels like my body needed a proper rest - not the damage of course :)

I did my first commute last Friday 4 months after my bad crash... still scary how much damage a car can potentially do to a cyclist. I enjoyed the commute not having to worry about how bad traffic may be.

My fitness isn't too bad after 1.5 months back on the bike... 2.5 months in ICU & rehab is probably the longest break I ever had from sport... almost feels like my body needed a proper rest - not the damage of course :)

That's AWESOME Lion, welcome back on the bike! Stay safe out there!

7 degrees ... before the wind-chill factor .... hardly "cold" compared to other areas.

clear skies

road WET from the rain during the night

mist as your breath enters the light beam

seeing the fine spray from the front wheel each time you go through a bit of water (cant sweep around the puddles with morning traffic keeping you in your line..)

DARK .... even the birds have the common sense to still sleep ...

what a way to start the day !!  :clap:

Super good news.  Welcome back.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Gauteng got its first taste of Winter today. Kudo's to any one that ventured out there this morning.

I'm not sure what sort of wind was blowing last night. But the streets looked like a hurricane had struck. There were branches and leaves strewn all over the road. It was a bit treacherous, especially where bigger branches had fallen, was praying I didn't cop one on the kop.

Bliksem it was cold! 

Thanks for the support guys!

It finally got my phone screen fixed - Strava activated again and I rode for 2830 hours :)

Other photo makes it clear I was going down Northcliff hill at 60 km/h when the car hit me and I flew into the windscreen!

post-2515-0-64185400-1530622822_thumb.jpg

post-2515-0-82273600-1530622850_thumb.jpg

Well, my morning commute did not start great...

100m from my house a nasty metal wire cut the sidewall of my rear tyre.

Tyre still had a few mileage left but luckily I have two spares tyres at home. 

Will fix it tonight.

#BollieHappens

word on the street is that Wednesday is going to be the coldest day for CT this year.

Yesterday was proper cold. I'd be glad if that was in fact the worst of what we'll have to endure.

It's also starting to get lighter sooner now. Can't wait for those extended morning commutes...