Is this you

Stretch

Dude, If you live in a glass house you can throw stones at people passing, just pray they do not throw back when they see you shower or use the toilet. The little shythead just crapped on his sponsors jersey and everyone now has a negtive vibe of them.

Rubbish.....

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We all go through red light lights all the time. You stop, check that there are no cars, and if its safe you go, FFS. What's the big deal?

Exactly. There are probably a lot of people on this very forum who regularly go through red lights when the road is clear. Some may only do it occassionally, but that doesn't make any difference. I have seen entire club groups go through red lights in Midrand early on a Sunday morning (hello the boys & girls in yellow).

It doesn't make it right, but it happens all the time.

It always horrifies me how cyclists jump red lights. If anything a cyclist should be more obedient to the rules of the road given our vulnerability. Sometimes it is safe to go through the robot but rules are rules and we must all obey the rules.

The "rules are rules" argument is sooo old and invalid. On a road with an emergency lane you ride in the emergency lane right? Well thats illegal. You should be riding in the first lane and only going into the emergency lane if well you have an emergency.

I'm not condoning the red light thing - hell I do it sometimes (at 5am) - I'm just saying that the safest way to ride is with brain engaged - obeying all the laws alone will not keep you safe.

We all go through red light lights all the time. You stop, check that there are no cars, and if its safe you go, FFS. What's the big deal?

because of exactly what i said earlier. cyclists are under scrutiny - like it or not (the original article is testimony to that) - the less wrongdoing we do - the less we will be under scrutiny

some may argue that it is actually safer to do what you say - it doesnt matter - all that people will see a cyclist going through a red light

Edited by Stretch

The fact that the cyclist said that cyclists are ALLOWED to run red lights is shocking. Whoever bought him hs first bicycle as a kid should get a fine for not teaching him the rules of the road.

What is that you're up to that they're following you around with a zoom? <_<

If you were commiting something wrong, a publication with integrity (yes, laugh away) would endeavour to approach you for comment for publication.

If it was a pic of you enjoying yourself in a public park, the photographer should try get your details for caption purposes.

Ah it's all hypothetical but I would prefer that they are legally required to rather than "endeavouring" and "trying".

Ultimately we all do silly stuff in public - I would prefer to be protected from people taking photos rather than a free for all on me scratching my whatnots :D

I'm not condoning the red light thing - hell I do it sometimes (at 5am) - I'm just saying that the safest way to ride is with brain engaged - obeying all the laws alone will not keep you safe.

+1

When we ride early morning we yield and go through reds, BUT there is no one else around, as we are the only idiots out on the road at that time.

CommentCommon sense is hugely underrated. (flucking iphones)

Edited by Chubba

Cause in this case (as in most of them) the cyclist is an arrogant little ****, who is giving all of us on two wheels a bad name. And in this particular case, the cyclist has one of those faces you'd like to take a bat to.

F*&kin arsehole.

quick question, do you know Adriaan in picture personally well enough to be able to call him an arrogant little d@@s and f@ckin arsehole or "one of those faces I would like a bat to"?

And is Seth Rotherham(self proclaimed hater of cyclists or prawns as he calls us)(read his blog if you haven't done so) the measure of the name us as cyclist have?

Skipping a red robot is not right but I would love to hear both sides of this story, I cannot believe that Adriaan is personally attacked here without him even been given the chance to explain what happened.

+1

When we ride early morning we yield and go through reds, BUT there is no one else around, as we are the only idiots out on the road at that time.

Comment sense is hugely underrated.

Comment sense? Doooooood it common sense :lol:

Switch off autocorrect!

Sorted - shot!

Iphone right? The only piece of electronica that creates "vagina" when you're typing anything.

Iphone right? The only piece of electronica that creates "vagina" when you're typing anything.

That coffee on the screen thing really works :lol:

As a journalist, I think there is nothing legally wrong with this picture and accompanying story. If someone does something in public, it's fair game. As far as publication and consent go in terms of media law, it only applies to minors whose pics may not be used without the parent's or guardian's consent.

Well apparently the OP is then in GROOTKAK. 'Cause this one looks like a Minor. :D

Chill out chaps. We all did dumbass things at the age of 17. Some of us survived, some didn't. We also knew more about life, the law, girls and Everything Else at that sweet age.... :P

Where is Somerset Road?

If you're sitting in the spectator seats at Argus finish Somerset rd. is right behind you.I've skipped red lights down it on my way to the start with hundreds of fellow cyclists.