Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

9 months now, just wish my wife would stop too. I even bought her the electronic smoke and she used it 3 times then went back to normal smokes :cursing:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rode at Suikers a few weeks back and while we were parking I saw 2 okes having a pre-ride smoke. I shook my head wondering how the hell anyone can breathe properly climbing around that place with that kind of start. A while later we caught them and they had stopped mid ride for another cigarette, in the middle of the road, smoke blowing across the tar for us healthy folk to inhale. (I had to stop myself from pepper spraying, punching, then trying to moer them with my bike). We carried on, then waited for our wimmen to catch up, so the Gunston gang passed us. The next time we caught them they were both now smoking while riding. Does ones body become so dependent on ciggs that they can't ride without a puff...?

One word.

SIFF

• 2 months later...

Six (6) months still thankful everyday that Im free of this.

People seem genuinely surprised that I have stopped..especially smokers..almost as if you dont believe that it is possible to quit when you yourself havent decided to do so..

So if you havent yet quit and are this reading this wondering what to do?? I say just GIVE IT UP!!!!!

Edited by Ryanie

People seem genuinely surprised that I have stopped..especially smokers..almost as if you dont believe that it is possible to quit when you yourself havent decided to do so..

So if you havent yet quit and are this reading this wondering what to do?? I say just GIVE IT UP!!!!!

I'm on 5 months tomorrow. And yep, very thankfull I quit! Haha they do, and those silly excuses for not quitting. Like you say, just do it. The decision is the hardest part, never even one puff.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

i use to use the excuse off "its difficult to not to smoke while having a dop"

i no realise how stupid I was, i can now smell the beer/wine/whiskey i drink, which makes the experience so much more enjoyable

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

i use to use the excuse off "its difficult to not to smoke while having a dop"

i no realise how stupid I was, i can now smell the beer/wine/whiskey i drink, which makes the experience so much more enjoyable

Ja Fanie I "stem"...my coffee tastes and smells so lekker. I am enjoying the smells and tastes of food and drink so much lately... Thanks again for the support!

I'm on 5 months tomorrow. And yep, very thankfull I quit! Haha they do, and those silly excuses for not quitting. Like you say, just do it. The decision is the hardest part, never even one puff.

Van Im the same Bru not a puff ...

Ja Fanie I "stem"...my coffee tastes and smells so lekker. I am enjoying the smells and tastes of food and drink so much lately... Thanks again for the support!

how big a drop have you seen in your salt intake?

Yup, had some Johnny Walker Red and Black last night. Could taste and smell the difference for the first time.

Haven't had a smoke in 14 years. Still crave now and again.

My mantra is "never again not even one puff". If I have one puff I will be back to a pack a day within a week.

1 week today! Had a period off the bike and the resultant lack of natural endorphins sent me scurrying back to bad old habits. No more.

and tomorrow is World No Tobacco Day. Well done to all ex smokers ... a hard battle ...

just wish my OH would stop too.

Edited by Uni

I smoked for 9years and then just one day decided I was going to quit.......

I stopped right there and haven't touched a siggy again.

The big thing is. You must WANT to stop.....

If keep saying that you want to stop but don't mean it then its of no use.

Put your money where your mouth is and just Quit.

You'll be grumpy for 2 weeks and then it gets better. believe me the first 2 weeks is the worst......

If you get to 3 months then you are over the hill and if you ever start again after that its because of your lack of self control.

Its been said, that since I stopped smoking I'm grumpy and a out right bastard.

And days like today will drive me to the little flip top box from oom Peter Stuyvesant extra mild or filter