What watch are you wearing?

gummibear

My, new to me, Hamilton Khaki Aviation Jumbo. Bigger than I usually wear, but very comfortable. Needs a nicer strap though.......

BTW, also a hairy left hander.........

Interesting strap...wrist roll...please....

uhh OK NVMD...ja, those look way cool with a stitched leather strap...shouldn't be too difficult to find...

Edited by capediver

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting strap...wrist roll...please....

uhh OK NVMD...ja, those look way cool with a stitched leather strap...shouldn't be too difficult to find...

Its a waffle rubber strap from www.cheapestNATOstraps.com. 

I'm looking at either the leather or sailcloth from Barton Bands, probably in a chocolate with contrasting stitching

I'm looking at either the leather or sailcloth from Barton Bands, probably in a chocolate with contrasting stitching

If you're in SA I'd be really keen on joining you in on an order and splitting costs, if you'd consider it?

My, new to me, Hamilton Khaki Aviation Jumbo. Bigger than I usually wear, but very comfortable. Needs a nicer strap though.......

BTW, also a hairy left hander.........

At least you are not a goofy footer

My favorite strap store [emoji106]

1baab8813e23e310032c3276bb1ef7ec.jpeg

If you're in SA I'd be really keen on joining you in on an order and splitting costs, if you'd consider it?

I'll send you a PM.....

Did you guys see that chap who had a unworn Daytona with blank paper on Antiques Road Show?

Saw the video, reaction was a bit of set-up with ARS I reckon, made for good TV...watch was no doubt a very rare model, only a short run of the "Oyster" model made, provenance was without doubt but it was not "unworn"...sticker on case back showed quite a lot of wear, the inside of the clasp as well...New Old Stock..I dunno..

Similar model sold at Christies Geneva last year for just shy of US$500,000....Having said that, on auction in the right place, that piece may actually exceed that estimate and even get upwards of $1mil....with crazy rich people in the room.... :eek:  lucky fella!

Edit: I'm hoping I'm still alive when my 2003 16610 Subbie reaches that value!!!!

Edited by capediver

Edit: I'm hoping I'm still alive when my 2003 16610 Subbie reaches that value!!!!

if it has COMEX on the face and case back then it may be worth plenty.

Wouldnt be a 5 digit then... 

They did actually make a few 5 and 6 digits...

All mega $$$$ now...