Rugby...

'Dale

God is bigger than that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe your god is, but mine is only about 3 foot tall, much smaller than the average rugby player, please don’t force your god on me!

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also out. Goodbye Springbok rugby.

Tired of promises.

I also stopped. The first two years of not watching was hard there after you stop caring. Now I don't even know a single player's name.

To be 100% honest, if I had to vote TODAY, with the current turmoil we are facing, if I had to vote purely for what is best for the RUGBY WORLD CUP, I also would have voted against SA, mostly because France and Ireland both appear to have a much more stable looking period ahead of them running up to the tournament. It doesn't mean I don't love this place, but I can understand it.

But but there would still be 5 years for SA and the bokke to discover the new magic

But but there would still be 5 years for SA and the bokke to discover the new magic

If they channel Aleister Crowley they may find some...

'In the absence of willpower the most complete collection of virtues and talents is wholly worthless.'

- The bid which receives a simple majority of the 39 available votes will be named as the host for Rugby World Cup 2023.

- Those eligible to vote in the secret ballot will be Australia (3 votes), England (3), New Zealand (3), Scotland (3), Wales (3), Italy (3), Argentina (3), Canada (1), Japan (2), Georgia (1), Romania (1), USA (1), Asia Rugby (2), Oceania Rugby (2), Rugby Africa (2), Rugby Americas North (2), Rugby Europe (2), Sudamerica Rugby (2).

voting went

France 18, Sa 13, Ireland 8

Rd II - France 24, SA 15.

Can assume Aus, Arg and NZ voted for us - 9pts

Africa - 2pts

that's 11 points.

And of the 8 that voted with ireland initially, only 2 moved to us.

will be interesting to see if it's announced.

BUT, since SA had it in 1995, there are 6 tournaments till 2023

France hosted in 2007, then 3 tournaments.

I reckon it will be like FIFA, when we got schnaaied in 2006, everyone had to vote for us the next time around.

Apparent 2023 Rugby World Cup vote breakdown

Votes for Ireland

England 3

North America 2

Canada 1

USA 1

*Oceania 1 *Oceania believed to have split its vote

Total: 8

Votes for South Africa

Wales 3

New Zealand 3

Australia 3

Argentina 3

Total: 13

Votes for France

Scotland 3

Italy 3

Japan 2

Asia 2

South America 2

Europe 2

Africa 2

Georgia 1

Romania 1

Total: 18

In the second round France gained 6 votes (probably England North America and one of Canada and the US), and South Africa 2 votes (probably Oceania and one of Canada and the US).

Apparent 2023 Rugby World Cup vote breakdown

Votes for Ireland

England 3

North America 2

Canada 1

USA 1

Total: 8

Votes for South Africa

Wales 3

New Zealand 3

Australia 3

Argentina 3

Total: 13

Votes for France

Scotland 3

Italy 3

Japan 2

Asia 2

South America 2

Europe 2

Africa 2

Georgia 1

Romania 1

Total: 18

In the second round France gained 6 votes (probably England North America and one of Canada and the US), and South Africa 2 votes (probably Oceania and one of Canada and the US).

is this from a legit source? I don't understand how you could split your vote, but who knows.

Big kicker is that Africa didn't vote with us. Francophone board? Can we blame NDZ for that?

Maybe your god is, but mine is only about 3 foot tall, much smaller than the average rugby player, please don’t force your god on me!

Any God, which ever ANYBODY chooses to follow, is a Higher being and deserves respect.........calm down no one is pushing anything!!!

I am sure one can find an issue with every country, but when you start saying that France is a more dangerous country than South Africa, how is somebody supposed to take you seriously? really??

In everyday life SA is definitely more dangerous than most places on earth, but as far as terrorism NOT compared to France !

In everyday life SA is definitely more dangerous than most places on earth, but as far as terrorism NOT compared to France !

France also has a higher rate of people choking to death on frog legs. This is factually true too, but really not relevant in the bigger picture.

Maybe they should have the RWC in Harare, no terrorism there either.

Look at the bigger picture.

Edited by Patchelicious

If they channel Aleister Crowley they may find some...

'In the absence of willpower the most complete collection of virtues and talents is wholly worthless.'

Some useless information....

Crowley bought Boleskine House from the Frasers, my mothers side of the family in 1899

It was built in the 1760s by Lord Lovat

Jimmy Page bought it in 1970 and sold it in 1992

It is haunted

It is built on the site of a 10th century church which burnt down killing all the congregation

As you were

France also has a higher rate of people choking to death on frog legs. This is factually true too, but really not relevant in the bigger picture.

Maybe they should have the RWC in Harare, no terrorism there either.

Look at the bigger picture.

Yes.  What also gets me is that SA2023 could very well look completely different to SA2017.  Saying crime is the main issue means you have given up on SA's future all together.

From the voting it seems France definitely "bought" all of the smaller countries.  Japan and especially "Africa" stabbed us in the back (those 4 votes + one more would have made the difference)

We accommodated Japan in Superrugby and how many of our players and coaches are helping them build the sport and this is how they repay us.

As for the Africa vote, it is probably not surprising considering the chairperson for "African Rugby" is a French citizen.

I am also very disappointed with USA and Canada for siding with the French (one wonders what promises were made)

A transparent and independent process followed by a secret vote?  Nothing transparent about that.

Edited by Garfield2010

Yes. What also gets me is that SA2023 could very well look completely different to SA2017. Saying crime is the main issue means you have given up on SA's future all together.

From the voting it seems France definitely "bought" all of the smaller countries. Japan and especially "Africa" stabbed us in the back (those 4 votes + one more would have made the difference)

We accommodated Japan in Superrugby and how many of our players and coaches are helping them build the sport and this is how they repay us.

As for the Africa vote, it is probably not surprising considering the chairperson for "African Rugby" is a French citizen.

I am also very disappointed with USA and Canada for siding with the French (one wonders what promises were made)

A transparent and independent process followed by a secret vote? Nothing transparent about that.

I agree that it probably wasn’t a transparent vote and that something feels off.

And I definitely did not cite crime as the primary reason, I said that South Africa is more dangerous than France.

Saying that SA in 2023 would be different than SA in 2017 is right, the problem is that we don’t know which way it will swing. If you look at the linear trend for the last few years and project that forward, it’s does not look good.

We also can’t expect the rest of the world to have our optimism for our country. France 2023 is far more likely to be closer to France 2017, it’s a safer/more predictable bet.

I don’t like it, but it’s what we should expected when we behave like we do.

I agree that it probably wasn’t a transparent vote and that something feels off.

And I definitely did not cite crime as the primary reason, I said that South Africa is more dangerous than France.

Saying that SA in 2023 would be different than SA in 2017 is right, the problem is that we don’t know which way it will swing. If you look at the linear trend for the last few years and project that forward, it’s does not look good.

We also can’t expect the rest of the world to have our optimism for our country. France 2023 is far more likely to be closer to France 2017, it’s a safer/more predictable bet.

I don’t like it, but it’s what we should expected when we behave like we do.

Well the World Cup can always be moved should it become apparent in 2021 that SA is not able to have it here.  They have done it with the IPL and I know for a fact there is always contingency plans with regards to these tournaments.  I think it was arrogant for the French to point to our crime stats when they themselves are a terrorist hotspot.

The vote did not go against us because of our country - France simply bought it.  Look closely at the votes.  We actually got more votes from the larger unions (3 votes) but almost none from the smaller unions.   

You have to ask yourself why would so many Unions go against the recommendation that all unions agreed upon 18 months ago?

France - 24

Scotland 3

Italy 3

Japan 2

Georgia 1

Romania 1

Canada 1

USA 1

*England 2

Asia 2

South America 2

Europe 2

Africa 2

North America 2

South Africa - 15

Wales 3

New Zealand 3

Australia 3

Argentina 3

Oceania 2

*England 1

Edited by Garfield2010

Thank goodness we did not get it!

We have to start taking responsibility ourselves now and not expect foreign sympathy.

We simply cannot afford it and the bribes which go with it.

It is now time to come clean.

Learn how to play rugby first and then apply for fringe benefits. What a mess.

Who knows where we will be at world cup time but just look north for starters.