Rugby...

'Dale

I've reached a point where I don't really care about rugby anymore. AC is clueless. All he had to do was copy and paste the Lions game plan. The All Black are going to destroy us.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've reached a point where I don't really care about rugby anymore. AC is clueless. All he had to do was copy and paste the Lions game plan. The All Black are going to destroy us.

I am like that with cricket. Wouldn't step outside to watch if they were playing in my back yard and I used to go to five day tests.

I am like that with cricket. Wouldn't step outside to watch if they were playing in my back yard and I used to go to five day tests.

Ditto on the cricket - haven't watched a game (any format, in a long while). I also find myself watching less and less sport in general.

Rugby, on the other hand has always been number 1 and I find it hard to walk away. That said, I found it hard to concentrate on the highlights (and that was only 7 minutes long).

But with so many games being played throughout the year, I also don't have time to sit and watch every game (Super Rugby, Inbound tour, Rugby Champs, Currie Cup, Outbound Tour and more).

AC: "we lost because of mistakes made by induvidual players" on the radio this morning. Huh? I cant remember if I have ever heard a bok coach blame the players.

Biggest mistakes were the strategy on the day imo.

For example: Why was Faf kicking so much? It is not his natural game, to force him into it will make him play with less confidence (as what happened with F Hougard at the Bulls). Also lots of kicking, but without the best kickers or kick chasers and half playing for territory, but also open (Naas+Mallet+Matfield comments)

Players:

Defense let us down. Centre channel looks vulnerable, DD is very ordinary, Mapoe too.

I agree on Strauss as well, probably the least deserving player there, together with Paige.

Second try was created when Morne missed a tackle.  Morne's defence has always been suspect. 

I almost hope the ABs give us a 60 - 3 drubbing. Then maybe the people will get their heads outta their asses and realise that there are many problems, from players to management and coaching.

We have the wrong coaching staff, with the wrong captain, leading players playing an outdated and wrong game plan.

Edited by Moridin

I am a Bokkie fan, and moreso a pure rugby fan

Love it when the Pumas make an impression in the RC hey

The order of world rugby is shuffling

Very interesting

Aussies and Bokkies are getting snotklappe

Admittedly, the Aussies are in seriaaas trouble hey

The ABs just a wonder once-in-a-generation streak

England on the rise... wow... Eddie magic

And some other northern nations rising slowly

Edited by 'Dale

The biggest problem is, our game plan is predictable. HM had the same problem. We need a couch like Johan Ackerman that is willing to think outside the box. Unfortunately he will not be allowed the freedom as a Springbok coach due to politics. He is the one guy that can build a great team for the 2019 WC. 

The biggest problem is, our game plan is predictable. HM had the same problem. We need a couch like Johan Ackerman that is willing to think outside the box. Unfortunately he will not be allowed the freedom as a Springbok coach due to politics. He is the one guy that can build a great team for the 2019 WC. 

Funny thing is they said the same of HM when Div was the coach. It seems to me more like an established rugby culture that may lay at the core of all our troubles. Most probably stems from the days when our forwards were bigger and faster than the opposition, and they just ran over the opposing players. That ain't so anymore.  Our opposition has grown bigger, faster and more cunning. But like a Dodo we refuse to adapt to our changing environment.

Edited by Moridin

old article, but to me this is the major problem.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/international/78903218/all-blacks-coach-steve-hansen-says-new-springboks-boss-allister-coetzee-faces-tough-challenge-with-quota-system

as for the coaches, i'm a believer that most of the Bok coaches are puppets, and hey don't have 100% freedom to do as they choose, i may be wrong

Yup, you hit the nail spot on there. As long as there are other factors like government, it will stay a struggle for any coach. 

Yup, you hit the nail spot on there. As long as there are other factors like government, it will stay a struggle for any coach. 

I dont agree with you kjind.

The current team has enough good players to comfortable beat the Pumas.

I am a Bokkie fan, and moreso a pure rugby fan

Love it when the Pumas make an impression in the RC hey

The order of world rugby is shuffling

Very interesting

Aussies and Bokkies are getting snotklappe

Admittedly, the Aussies are in seriaaas trouble hey

The ABs just a wonder once-in-a-generation streak

England on the rise... wow... Eddie magic

And some other northern nations rising slowly

only difference is Rugby union in Aus is about 3rd or 4th on the pecking order..wheras its a major sport here

Guys, can we please stop having a go at the Boks.

Cape Town - Springbok flyhalf Morne Steyn feels the South African media and rugby public are overcritical.

Steyn replaced Elton Jantjies in last Saturday’s losing Rugby Championship Test against Argentina in Salta.

He missed two penalties as well as a drop attempt as the Boks went down 26-24.

Steyn currently plays his club rugby with Stade Francais in France where he admits he feels less pressure there than in South Africa.

After arriving with the Boks in Johannesburg on Monday, Steyn toldNetwerk24: “I’ll now probably be the worst flyhalf in the world. In South Africa you just cannot win with the media and the rugby public.

“That’s one thing I don’t miss when I’m playing in France. (Here) the one week you can be the best, then suddenly you’re the worst there is the following week.

“I’ll probably now hear that I’m too old and have to hang up my boots. As player you just have to listen to the right people and not let the unnecessary negative criticism bother you.”

Looking to the future, Steyn feels the current Bok squad boasts the right player personnel.

“I think it’s a new era with young guys and they should be given the chance to establish themselves.”

funny, I have been reading how kuk the coach is since Jake white was in charge. Seems to me there must be something else. personally I think our club / provincial structures are not set up to to support the national team and game plan as they are in NZ. Too many money grabbing twats involved - just look at the opportunity missed in the EC with the Kings. Completely f..ed up by the watsons and the politicians.