Rugby...

'Dale

Bok coaches, SA franchises to plot NZ downfall

Cape Town - At last. After years where the Springbok team was almost rendered as less important than the provinces, South African rugby is going to stand together in pursuit of beating the All Blacks.

The SA Rugby Union announced on Tuesday that they will host the first ever “national coaches’ indaba” in Cape Town from October 19-21.

http://www.iol.co.za/sport/rugby/springboks/bok-coaches-sa-franchises-to-plot-nz-downfall-2070702

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting article. I'm amazed this is the first time this is being done. How doff is that? The other thing is we all knew AC was going to be coach so why on earth did it take foerever to make the announcement leaving AC 7 weeks to get his **** together before the first game? Trouble in SA rugby goes a lot deeper than the coach.

I'm not sure that the coaches indaba is planned or thought out. I suspect it's more of a "everyone says it's a good thing so let's have one".  Blind leading the blind, monkey see, monkey do cargo cultists to mix a metaphor or two.  But who knows? Hope springs eternal.

What I have seen in my little world is how interest has been lost. After a Saturday ride, eventually someone asked a spectator what the score was and they had to google it. It wasn't a surprise and there was minimal discussion about it.

What I have seen in my little world is how interest has been lost. After a Saturday ride, eventually someone asked a spectator what the score was and they had to google it. It wasn't a surprise and there was minimal discussion about it.

Sad but true.

Now we are talking

Rebuild that Bok ethos

And send the big big guys home

Play into the gap

Speed into the ball

Vary play according to game situation

Adapt or LOSE

GO BOKKIES ????????????????????????

Interesting article. I'm amazed this is the first time this is being done. How doff is that? The other thing is we all knew AC was going to be coach so why on earth did it take foerever to make the announcement leaving AC 7 weeks to get his **** together before the first game? Trouble in SA rugby goes a lot deeper than the coach.

Just read Jake White's book ,it gives a good idea of behind the scenes dramas.

The All Blacks were off their game through that opening half and the Boks were in the hunt after a gem of a try by the indefatigable Bryan Habana, but as they have done all year, the All Blacks were able to hit the turbo button. Right now opposition teams seem rather powerless to stop that 50th to 60th minute surge when the All Blacks bring their bench into play.

Tony Johnson's view

READ MORE HERE

http://www.supersport.com/rugby/blogs/tony-johnson/Bok_coaches_must_deal_with_controllables

From the weekly The Breakdown show:

Faf is not in same the league as Joost, Ruan (Pienaar) and Fourie - these guys were calling the shots and making game breaking moves, and also defending the advantage line. I'll agree on JvW and FdP but I'm not sure RP is in their league.

Anyway, they said Faf is still young and it's only his first big season. Perhaps he'll become a great player. He certain can defend but in these two occasions he backed off and allowed the AB's space to run.

Elton Jantjies is the third choice flyhalf after Pollard and Lambie. Is he good enough for the plan the Bokke want to play? They weren't sure as the signs are saying "what game do the Bokke want to play?".

Then, the biggest thing, and only thing they analysed from the game... the Bokke front row when coming up after the scrum.

EJ knocks on after the kick off (having just converted Habana's try), and there's a scrum 10m out. The ball goes left to the uprights and is stopped just short of the line. What do the front row do? Stand up, and look to the breakdown and fail to see the space out wide. By the time they fan out, Aaron Smith (9) throws a long pass and skips every single forward.

8ec8beed46fe19ece7a47f35e0d11203.jpg

Skip to the next knock on, and resulting scrum. Same thing but now on the other side of the field.

The say the defensive coach should be telling the tight 5 to look up and see the whole game. Our guys got caught ball watching and Smith can throw another skip pass out wide.

2 soft tries conceded, when we were on the up.

0e80181ac07ec8777b2bf2103f84c41b.jpg

966b2f58a3fa010008f24e8694ceef32.jpg

It just shows how clever those AB's are and how they read the situation on the field. Something the boks have never been able to do. Why? Because we are coached into a set way of playing. Set way of attacking, set way of defending, set way of doing anything. You step out of line and do something thats not according to the coach's plan, you're in deep sh..t

2 soft tries conceded, when we were on the up.

why would you say soft tries, and not tactically better or smarter?

as similar would be a summary of what @leeubok says, imo

All Blacks were just smarter - no soft tries!

I agree with soft tries.

From a set phase, one ball carrier in the middle of the field. They then play to the other side and with simple ball through the hands or a long pass outside they score.

Extremely soft

http://replygif.net/i/1141.gif

Soft tries because both originated from knock ons in their own red zone in the middle of the field.

Basic errors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soft tries because both originated from knock ons in their own red zone in the middle of the field.

Basic errors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From that angle agreed, but from the pictures and analysis above i would say the try was scored because of seeing the space.

Only reason why i asked was because just based on the analysis above was clearly showing the All Blacks reading the game and what they have available(in terms of space) and then executing and scoring