Rugby...

'Dale

Lots of whining ou ballies here with no style at all

Focus on the rugby okes

GO BOKKIES

I agree. Okes saying this was the French B-team and we played poorly must put things into context. Remember how low we sunk last year... We're playing with a VERY inexperienced test team at the moment, and most of the combinations are new (at test level at least). So to expect the bokke to just suddenly click and wipe the French off the pitch is unreasonable. it was their first game together and a first with the likes of Brendan Venter in the coaching team. 

I for one am not an AC fan. BUT I give him credit for sticking with local players and rewarding players in good form. All the overseas ballies that some people want back can stay right where they are in my opinion. Give this young team time to gain some experience and confidence. They won't beat the AB's this year and will probably struggle against other strong test teams, but in a year or 2 I think they'll be up there with the best

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe none of Elton J's friends have told him he looks like a complete knob with that hairstyle. Mine would have let me know straight away.

As someone who started going bald when I was 18, I say let him do whatever he wants with his hair while he still can

If I was AC I would make a couple of small changes. Bring back Jaco Kriel at 6 and move Kolisi to 7. Keep Jean Luc on the bench. Replace Rhule with Combrinck. I see some people are calling for Frans Steyn to start at 12, but I think it's smart to keep him on the bench, where he can cover 10, 12 and 15. 

Beast and Malherbe are also in my opinion not the best in their positions, and could possibly be replaced by Kitshoff/Du Toit and Dreyer (I don't rate Coenie either)

Edited by leeubok

If I was AC I would make a couple of small changes. Bring back Jaco Kriel at 6 and move Kolisi to 7. Keep Jean Luc on the bench. Replace Rhule with Combrinck. I see some people are calling for Frans Steyn to start at 12, but I think it's smart to keep him on the bench, where he can cover 10, 12 and 15. 

fully agree on that... where is Jaco Kriel though as he not featured in A team so he is injured right?

i assume Mapoe will get the nod at 13!? (please dont consider Damian "dont-pass" de Allende) 

fully agree on that... where is Jaco Kriel though as he not featured in A team so he is injured right?

i assume Mapoe will get the nod at 13!? (please dont consider Damian "dont-pass" de Allende

I saw him on CT airport Monday night - he came home :clap:  :clap: :clap:  

i assume Mapoe will get the nod at 13!? (please dont consider Damian "dont-pass" de Allende) 

Duh Duh, or Die Ellendig, has been sent home to regain form.. Bwahahaha!

Jaco Kriel isn't injured, he's available and been training with the test team. I agree it would be better to let him play for the A side if he's not even on the bench for the boks. I dunno why he's not in the team, he's one of the best 6's in the world!

Well if last week we had the French B team what is this? Lovely game as well. Serfontein simply sublime. Never liked Etsbeth but I am eating my words on that one. Glad to see Jantjies hair stylist is still on form.

Just hope the Bokke can maintain this intensity for the next 40 minutes.

Edited by HappyMartin

Very impressive to score that many points with so little possession. Awesome defensive effort too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sublime Bok rugby ???? ????????

Titanium defense was the highlight

And some deft running rugby

Take a bow, Kolisi

Serfontein you beauty

And Jantjies who was accurate and made good decisions.

And of course the front 5 - superb

Meanwhile, Scotland defeated Australia

Sublime Bok rugby

Titanium defense was the highlight

And some deft running rugby

Take a bow, Kolisi

Serfontein you beauty

And Jantjies who was accurate and made good decisions.

And of course the front 5 - superb

Meanwhile, Scotland defeated Australia

...and Du Preez - wat 'n yster!

I live seeing the young, new guys pulling through. Marx, Cronje and Serpentine, take a bow.

I've never rated Franco Mostert before, but damn he is a hard worker. Between him, Etzebeth and Pieter-Steph we have some lekker locks.

Du Preez brought a physicality and a fetching game that enabled Kolisi to open up his style and it showed. I called Kolisi as man of the match as well.

I'd like to see Kitshoff and JL du Preez start next week.

Now WPRU must just pull finger and get the ducks in a row for Newlands, so that I can secure my tickets for the NZ Game. That will be a whole different kettle of fish.

Moenie te windgat raak nie Bokkies.

Die KIWIS wag vir julle!

Edited by Vetseun

Moenie te wingat raak nie Bokkies.

Die KIWIS wag vir julle!

Ek dink nie enigiemand verwag dat die bokke die kiwis gaan wen hierdie jaar nie. Baby steps... Onthou laasjaar het ons rock bottom geslaan.

Vir nou is hierdie vertonings uitstekend.

I still see glaring problems in our backline. For one, there are still too many forwards involved in our backline play. Even Kobus Wiese commented on that, which is a surprising comment coming from a previous forward. The Kiwis will make use of that and will run into the gaps where the forwards are.

I expect the Kiwis to put at least 40 points more on the scoreboard than us. The current French team is a shadow of the French team of 2 years ago.

But at least we have a much better hooker than last year. I am not convinced about the defensive abilities of Jantjies and Skosaan. And Beast is way to old now.

Edited by Moridin

I still see glaring problems in our backline. For one, there are still too many forwards involved in our backline play. Even Kobus Wiese commented on that, which is a surprising comment coming from a previous forward. The Kiwis will make use of that and will run into the gaps where the forwards are.

I expect the Kiwis to put at least 40 points more on the scoreboard than us. The current French team is a shadow of the French team of 2 years ago.

But at least we have a much better hooker than last year. I am not convinced about the defensive abilities of Jantjies and Skosaan. And Beast is way to old now.

Forwards in the backline used to annoy me bigtime. I didn't really notice it that much the last 2 games though. But remember the days when Schalk Burger played flyhalf? Jislaik I wanted to sh.t my pants everytime they did that!

Skosan is a better defender than Rhule. Rhule has the worst defending stats of any player in super rugby currently. Jantjies has worked hard on his defence, and in a couple of lions games he put in several try saving tackles. He must just stop with that judo-throw tackle of his.. At least he's a better defender than Boshc! Damn that kid is a bangbroek!

I wonder if Jesse Kriel will be available this week? Going to be interesting to see if AC keeps Mapoe or brings Jesse back. I would keep Mapoe, Jesse kan replace Leyds on the bench. It's obvious AC doesn't rate Leyds, he only brought him on for like 5mins in both tests

Yes, I forgot about Rhule.

We will see where the real weak points on defence is when we play the ABs. My issue on Jantjies defence is not about his tackling technique, but the fact that he gets bamboozled regularly by the opposing team's strategy, and is easily caught out of position. He has a tendency to shoot up too fast.