Rugby...

'Dale

France drawing with Japan, puts our 1 point win over France last week into perspective. Scotland a cracker against Australia beating them by 29 (same margin as Boks who played a much lower Italy). 

Boks play Wales next week who had had a good game against the AB's so they need to step it up. 

for the richest league, France rugby got some serious issues with their national team,

They're currently ranked 9th, Japan 11th - so a draw is not even that much of an upset.

Somehow after a shocker year, we're up from 6th to 5th, AND if we beat Wales will swap with Aus for 4th. If we LOSE to Wales we swap with Scotland back to 6th. I know, SCOTLAND!

https://rawling.github.io/wr-calc/

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having played each other 32 times, won 28, drawn 1 and lost 3 the Boks should be the favorites. A loss to Wales last time they played in 2016 the Boks need victory which is why I'm picking them. I need a win for my Superbru pool which i lead by slender margin.

Looking at those stats Wales are due for a win.

Looking at recent performance (of the boks) Wales should win

Hold on tight, it’s going to get bumpy

Looking at those stats Wales are due for a win.

Looking at recent performance (of the boks) Wales should win

Hold on tight, it’s going to get bumpy

Fatigue might be in the Boks favour, Wales have played tough games against teams ranked above them, other than Ireland the Boks have played all lower teams albeit not convincingly though. Wales have also lost a number of key players, four at last count, who have returned to their clubs. 

At least he got the Kings to punch above their weight by playing as a team with a bunch of no-name players that nobody else wanted...

Perfect credentials then for an international coach of a team that was once ranked as one of the best?

At least he got the Kings to punch above their weight by playing as a team with a bunch of no-name players that nobody else wanted...

ja, i don't think you can really take Kings performance as any yardstick - they have been ripped apart twice now.

BUT Toetie actually won a lot of games with the Stormers (if not any knockout games), so did have at least some sort of credentials. It's really hard to have an opinion on someone you've never heard of, and that says something!

So he's touted to be the new "coach" but serve as number 2 to rassie? Bit of a kick in the balls to rassie.

The locals here really rate him as a coach and are actually quite concerned what he's going to do with boks

ja, i don't think you can really take Kings performance as any yardstick - they have been ripped apart twice now.

BUT Toetie actually won a lot of games with the Stormers (if not any knockout games), so did have at least some sort of credentials. It's really hard to have an opinion on someone you've never heard of, and that says something!

The stormers have for the last few years made it to the play-offs only because every other SA team in our conference was useless.

It's like being the brightest special-needs kid in class. 

And they have gotten away with it as well by not playing most of the top NZ sides either. Under that twat's coaching the only thing they could do was defend. Lowest number of tries scored, and almost no bonus points. 

The only quotas at the Springboks are the coach and management, and that's their only credentials. Sadly the players of colour get labelled as quotas and our performance is blamed on transformation, but it's incompetence of management that make players like Elton Jantjies not perform. Look how good he was when he played fro the Lions, and then one year at the stormers under Alistair and he's pretty useless. 

Edited by stefmeister

At least there's one Bok squad still worth watching.

DPdqaPEW4AAAc-J.jpg

just beat Uganda

don't worry about the score (it will ruin your friday)

The stormers have for the last few years made it to the play-offs only because every other SA team in our conference was useless.

It's like being the brightest special-needs kid in class. 

And they have gotten away with it as well by not playing most of the top NZ sides either. Under that twat's coaching the only thing they could do was defend. Lowest number of tries scored, and almost no bonus points. 

The only quotas at the Springboks are the coach and management, and that's their only credentials. Sadly the players of colour get labelled as quotas and our performance is blamed on transformation, but it's incompetence of management that make players like Elton Jantjies not perform. Look how good he was when he played fro the Lions, and then one year at the stormers under Alistair and he's pretty useless. 

The conference thing came in after AC left stormers, IIRC. I can't believe I'm actually defending AC, but he's not such a bad coach - well at least his record reflects quite well. Forget the knockouts results, consistency is gained over the season in the league - and he performed well there.

He started with Stormers - 2010 - 2nd    (after being 10th in 2009)

2011 -  2nd

2012 - 1st

2013 - 7th

2014 - 11th

2015 - 3rd

plus he has that assistant coach RWC 2007 winners medal.

His time with the Boks has been a total disaster, but I don't think he suddenly became a bad coach.

I think Elton did not fit into the stormers gameplan/vibe, you can probably blame the coach for that but you don't change a team for one player.

The conference thing came in after AC left stormers, IIRC. I can't believe I'm actually defending AC, but he's not such a bad coach - well at least his record reflects quite well. Forget the knockouts results, consistency is gained over the season in the league - and he performed well there.

He started with Stormers - 2010 - 2nd    (after being 10th in 2009)

2011 -  2nd

2012 - 1st

2013 - 7th

2014 - 11th

2015 - 3rd

plus he has that assistant coach RWC 2007 winners medal.

His time with the Boks has been a total disaster, but I don't think he suddenly became a bad coach.

I think Elton did not fit into the stormers gameplan/vibe, you can probably blame the coach for that but you don't change a team for one player.

Conference system started with the Super 15 expansion in 2011.

He coached them until the end of 2015. His only high light is at WP.

It was also in 2008 that Rassie Erasmus became director of rugby at WP. Coincidence? Dunno, I can't rate the guy, but how much influence did he have in reviving WP/Stormers rugby?