Rugby...

'Dale

Conference system started with the Super 15 expansion in 2011.

He coached them until the end of 2015. His only high light is at WP.

It was also in 2008 that Rassie Erasmus became director of rugby at WP. Coincidence? Dunno, I can't rate the guy, but how much influence did he have in reviving WP/Stormers rugby?

I had a look at that. they played 16 games in super 15 in conference. 8 SA teams 8 vs overseas.

Rassie left at the end of 2011 - in 2012 when they topped the league, they only lost 2 games all season,both by less than 7. They also never ever scored 4 tries, that was indeed a very boring but effective game plan.

If you're going to judge a coach by his bad results, you also need to judge him on his good results. And his S15 results are good. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

valid arguments on both ends, we must not forget how the game has changed over the last years, where teams have struggled to adapt to the "new fast style" of game.

where SA teams at large have failed, is been able to adapt to these changes, Bulls won the Super Rugby and dominated it with the old(er) style of rugby.

Stormers and Sharks played alot of running rugby, but didn't quite have the knock out stage BMT, Lions and Ackermann did it with the Lions, and i'd hate to say it, but maybe too just like Stormers and Sharks, struggle on the big(ger) days.

Heavenly happiness for any fan of SA rugby, watching the Blitzbokke play.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jantjes. Wat de dinges? Kicking the ball out with 3 minutes to go. Don't understand Tootie. Hanre has a decent game eventually, and he replace him with butterfingers Jantjes.

Jantjes. Wat de dinges? Kicking the ball out with 3 minutes to go. Don't understand Tootie. Hanre has a decent game eventually, and he replace him with butterfingers Jantjes.

Same for the dominating front row.... surely they could have played out for the full 80 minutes

Boks backline play letting the forward ascendancy and control down

Let the balk do the the work

Feed to the wings

Go score them tries with patient play

Don't worry about tries conceded

Just score more tries than them

The Boks are outdated

Will be acting as Rassie's number 2, gives me hope.

Just wonder under how much pressure Rassie will be regarding transformation..

Honestly speaking a fair bit, I reckon. The Boks continued pressence in international rugby is going to require it because of government pressure. That said I sincerely don't believe that Transformation should be used as an excuse for losing. There are enough quality non white players to meet the requirements. The real question is the balance of the team and the skills level in general which needs attention. With Rassie coming back I am certain this will be a big priority on his agenda.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

AC is an icon for all stubborn and defiant people. Under his management the Boks have a 44% win rate (played 25, won 11, lost 12 and drawn 2). His tally compered to previous coaches with similar games played is poor pathetic. 

Heyneke Meyer: Played 24, won 17, lost 5, drew 2, for a win percentage of 71%

Peter de Villiers: Played 25, won 17, lost 8, for a win percentage of 68%

Jake White: Played 25, won 17, lost 7, drew 1, for a win percentage of 68%

In 2016 the Boks won 4 games, this year the Boks have won 7 games, Italy who have fallen down the rankings to 14, Argentina who have seen a decline and have only won 8 of 27 games since last world cup and a French team at its weakest in years. Saturday they lost to a weakened Wales team with 6 of their first selection out

How does he react ? I'm contracted to 2019 so I will not resign, he plays up the win tally from 4 (2016) to 7 (2017) and claims there is a healthy team environment and they are growing. 

Edited by scotty

AC is an icon for all stubborn and defiant people. Under his management the Boks have a 44% win rate (played 25, won 11, lost 12 and drawn 2). His tally compered to previous coaches with similar games played is poor pathetic. 

Heyneke Meyer: Played 24, won 17, lost 5, drew 2, for a win percentage of 71%

Peter de Villiers: Played 25, won 17, lost 8, for a win percentage of 68%

Jake White: Played 25, won 17, lost 7, drew 1, for a win percentage of 68%

In 2016 the Boks won 4 games, this year the Boks have won 7 games, Italy who have fallen down the rankings to 14, Argentina who have seen a decline and have only won 8 of 27 games since last world cup and a French team at its weakest in years. Saturday they lost to a weakened Wales team with 6 of their first selection out

How does he react ? I'm contracted to 2019 so I will not resign, he plays up the win tally from 4 (2016) to 7 (2017) and claims there is a healthy team environment and they are growing. 

The guy is delusional. Or just clinging on to his paycheck. a0YzQgq_700b.jpg

I don't quite realise how the boks under AC have played as many games as those other coaches in just two years.

Another interesting point, wales were understrength as they were missing 6 players. That's just standard for us, we're used to it!

Edited by rider#35