Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoying this so far (haven't finished watching the full video), but great to hear John Smit's insights into the 2007 WC Final. 

Edited by Piston ZA

Enjoying this so far (haven't finished watching the full video), but great to hear John Smit's insights into the 2007 WC Final. 

watched it last night - really good

To this day I can't believe how lucky we were in 2007. To win a world cup by beating (almost not) Fiji, Argentina and then England does not feel worthy of a world cup. In the end we cannot chose our opponents and the end result is all that matters but I thought that we actually played better rugby at the 1999 and 2011 World Cups even though we lost. In 1999 we lost with that Larkham drop goal at the end of an epic match and then Australia went on to easily defeat France.

To this day I can't believe how lucky we were in 2007. To win a world cup by beating (almost not) Fiji, Argentina and then England does not feel worthy of a world cup. In the end we cannot chose our opponents and the end result is all that matters but I thought that we actually played better rugby at the 1999 and 2011 World Cups even though we lost. In 1999 we lost with that Larkham drop goal at the end of an epic match and then Australia went on to easily defeat France.

sent that video onto the local pommie...his first comment....he wasnt in touch  :lol:

Yes..we had a great draw...but thats the way the cookie crumbles

99 yes, 2011 we couldn’t score tries.

99 yes, 2011 we couldn’t score tries.

2011..wasn't our game plan to win by penalty kicks...and then we were out reffed against Australia..or was that 2015

Edited by Stretch

2011..wasn't our game plan to win by penalty kicks...and then we were out reffed against Australia..or was that 2015

Yup. 2011 it was. Then the oz game we tried the ball in hand thing and couldn’t win the game even though we dominated the stats.

We were cr@p

Absolutely. We were outstanding leading up to the QF and Final. But somewhere the wheels came off. So Pissed, we are much better than yesterdays game. But the Sharks put us under a lot of pressure..