Helen Zille is doing the Argus

Red Zone

Good for her, she seems to be doing her bit for cycling in Cape Town and she seems intent on getting more bike lanes built.

Antie Helen for President!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I think it is fantastic that she is getting so involved in cycling.I am not sure if she intends doing the entire ride or just a portion as she has not been cycling long.Whatever the case,I hope she has a fantastic ride and gets the support she deserves.

If only some of the other politicians did the same,they might lose weight and save some lives by getting cycling lanes built.

quick hijack:

Anele Mdoda van 5Fm ry ook mos elke jaar, so come monday en die week daana(elke jaar), luister ek na 5Fm en nog NOOIT was daar sprake van haar tyd nie, en ook nie of sy haar tyd verbeter het van die vorige jare... nou wonder ek...sy is 'n groot girl..maak sy ooit klaar..selle met Rob Vember..en die res ;)

hijack off

Wonder how stoked her body guards are about this decision :(

That shouldn't be a problem. They'll organise a couple of motorbikes and give her a nice slip stream :D

quick hijack:

Anele Mdoda van 5Fm ry ook mos elke jaar, so come monday en die week daana(elke jaar), luister ek na 5Fm en nog NOOIT was daar sprake van haar tyd nie, en ook nie of sy haar tyd verbeter het van die vorige jare... nou wonder ek...sy is 'n groot girl..maak sy ooit klaar..selle met Rob Vember..en die res ;)

hijack off

I Doubt that she will make it past the first waterpoint

I saw her on yesterday after her training ride inspecting one of the MyCiti terminals as she was passing by and used the opportunity to do a little work.

There was a small group of cyclist (around 5 maybe) and very little fuss around her.

Most of the commuters who passed by had no idea of who she was. She just came in very low profile and left the same way.

Respect to her

Hairy

Apparently she's planning on doing the first 32km . Gotta negotiate Edinburgh and Boyes Drives but the rest should be ok.

Big up to her - can you ever see Angie Motshega doing 32km of the 94.7? Yeah right!

Apparently she's planning on doing the first 32km . Gotta negotiate Edinburgh and Boyes Drives but the rest should be ok.

Big up to her - can you ever see Angie Motshega doing 32km of the 94.7? Yeah right!

imagine lindiwe mazibuko coming down chappies?

If only some of the other politicians did the same,they might lose weight and save some lives by getting cycling lanes built.

I cannot for the life of me remember his name. But our ex-minister of defence often rode in races. He did a rather impressive face plant, on the tar, directly next to me at the Herald a number of years back.